Hey there instructor community!
You as instructors fuel this community and make it the wonderful place it is today. That said, we wanted to celebrate you all with a giveaway!
For the giveaway, we are giving away Udemy t-shirts to 10 instructors who answer the question in this post from April 28th to May 12th. During the giveaway time frame. 10 instructors who respond to the prompt will be chosen at random to get a t-shirt (unless you've already received one this period). Limit one person. Offer valid while supplies last.
Here is the question we’d like for you to answer:
What are 3 tips you have to help improve your online marketing for your courses?
Comment for a chance to win one of the 10 t-shirts! Winners will be randomly selected. 18 or older to enter. Entry period closes 11:59pm Pacific time on 5/12/23. Winners will be contacted through DM.
1. Define the target audience
2. Use email marketing
3. Use social media
Here are some marketing tips :-
1. Creating a learning community with friends and contacting students of universities
2. Uploading free sample videos on YouTube with link to full course
3. Sharing knowledge and course links through blogs and publishing platforms like Medium
Optimize Course Titles and Descriptions: Pay attention to the titles and descriptions of your courses. Ensure that they are clear, concise, and appealing to your target audience. Use relevant keywords that potential students might search for when looking for courses in your niche. Highlight the unique value proposition of your course and explain how it can benefit the learners. Additionally, make sure to proofread your content to maintain a professional image.
Leverage Social Media and Content Marketing: Use social media platforms to promote your courses and engage with your target audience. Create a presence on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and share valuable content related to your course topic. You can post tips, infographics, short videos, or snippets of your course to generate interest. Engage with your followers by answering questions, responding to comments, and fostering discussions. Additionally, consider starting a blog or writing guest articles on relevant websites to establish yourself as an authority in your field.
Encourage Reviews and Ratings: Positive reviews and ratings can significantly impact the credibility and visibility of your courses. Encourage your satisfied students to leave reviews and ratings on your Udemy course page. You can politely request feedback at the end of each course, send follow-up emails, or offer incentives for leaving reviews. Respond promptly to any reviews, addressing both positive and negative feedback, to show that you value your students' opinions and are committed to their success.
Remember, effective marketing requires consistency and experimentation. Continuously monitor and analyze the results of your marketing efforts, adapt your strategies as needed, and always strive to provide value to your students.
Here are my tips:
1. Content Revamp: I'll revamp my content creation skill so as to develop high-quality content that provides value, such as tutorials, demonstrations, or informative articles.
2. Social Media: I'll leverage on social media platforms and online communities relevant to my course topic. Engaging with my audience by sharing valuable content, answering questions, and participating in discussions and using it as a means to drive traffic to my course.
3. Discounts and Incentives: Everyone loves a good deal, so I'll consider offering incentives and discounts to attract new students to buy my course.
1- Support Thumbnail Trailers in addition to preview course
2- Share popular templates & visual add-ons for instructors to add in courses
3- Create a contest for subscribers to rank thier subscribed courses and then publish the ranking for the course author
1.) Engaging Academic institutions by sharing the Udemy learning link to pupils and parents for easy access to knowledge at their leisure time.
2.) Advertising Udemy community using social Media platforms
3.) Offering free courses
My three tips:
I hope this helps!
I reach about 122,866 students to applied for online marketing my course
I have applied these tips to improve our course.
I have join different group of Facebook where promote my course
I have join different group about my course relate where share course
I have make promo video on YouTube about my course
1. Deliver free snippets of your course on social media: These might include sharing short videos of the course on platforms such as YouTube and writing articles on LinkedIn which complements the course. You can then add the course affliate links on the YouTube video description or at the bottom of the article. Once you establish your brand as someone who delivers great value to the community, you can then have leverage that credibility in your marketing game plan.
2. Use automation technologies: Marketing on social media can be cumbersome as it takes time to login to each and every single social media to post your content. You can use social media automation tools such as "Later" to automate posting on social media and it also delivers powerful analytics which you can then use to refine your marketing marketing plan. Always remember to measure-monitor to see whether your initiatives are working out!
3. Use AI to generate marketing content and save time: Advanced AI tools such as "ChatGPT" can be used to create content for your social media. But it may give a generic structure so its important to edit it and add your own flair to it to make content more personalized and relevant. Using stock images and videos can be very expensive and thankfully AI-based alternatives such as "Midjourney" are affordable and provide the level of customization which the traditional stock image sites do not provide.
1> Use coupons wisely on #twitter #koo #youtube #facebook #tiktok and ensure it boosts your page visits and ensure they are not sale days when sales spike happen
2> Make part of your course free which leaders to higher sales which may organically not happen
3> Use sites like comidoc , smartybro where you can get quick outreach for your coupons or harder way is identify university ambassadors for your courses and boost outreach per university or college
Identify your target audience: The first step in creating an effective online marketing strategy is identifying your target audience. You need to understand who your potential students are, what their interests and needs are, and what motivates them to take your course.
Use social media: Social media is an essential tool for promoting your online courses. You can use platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to reach a wider audience and connect with potential students.
Offer incentives: Offering incentives, such as discounts or free trial access, can be an effective way to attract new students to your online courses. Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool, and incentivizing your students to promote your courses can help you reach a wider audience.
Here are my points,
1) Actively in touch with your audience. Keep clear communication with the audience and guide them as much as you can by easily understandable language.
2) Upgrade you course:- It is very important to upgrade latest information because technologies changes every single day so keep your audience updated with latest knowledge.
3) Marketing:- Communicate more often with different platform for UDEMY courses and its benefits. How simple is to use Udemy, worldwide platform, unlimited access and many more. Share your work proudly and make more people understand that it saves a time and easily accessible for everyone. Share your work on the social media.
Here are some tips to enhance your courses marketing based on my experience.
First, share the link of your course on some Facebook groups which are interested in the topic.
Second, create some posts on LinkedIn asking your connections to comment if they are interested in signing up to your course for free. Perform a draw to choose about 20 connections and give the course for free.
Third, upload your promotional video to your Youtube channel and leave the link of the course in the description box.
3 tips to help improve your online marketing for your courses are as follows:
Regular promotional & educational emails
Blog posts with links to your Udemy course
Social media content with links to your website and course
Hello to everyone,
This is kavcar, the head of Afterclap Academy, teaching with Udemy for more than 2 years.
Here are my tips;
Optimize Your Course Title and Description: Your course title and description are two of the most important elements of your marketing strategy on Udemy. Ensure that your title accurately reflects the content of your course and includes relevant keywords to help potential students find your course. Your course description should be well-written, informative, and highlight the benefits of your course.
Utilize Social Media: Social media is a powerful tool for marketing your Udemy courses. You can leverage platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to promote your courses, engage with potential students, and build your brand. Create social media posts that include eye-catching graphics, interesting facts or stats related to your course topic, and encourage your followers to enroll in your course.
Offer a Limited-Time Discount: Offering a limited-time discount can be a great way to increase sales for your Udemy course. You can create a sense of urgency by setting a deadline for the discount and promoting it heavily on social media and other channels. Additionally, consider partnering with other online influencers or bloggers in your niche to promote your course and offer a special discount code for their followers. This can help expand your reach and attract new students to your course.
I wish every one of you, a really good day.
Ciao, for now 🙂
What are 3 tips you have to help improve your online marketing for your courses?
#1 - Word of Mouth. I ask friends and family to look at the course I am offering on Udemy and to send them to my Udemy class if they feel it will help them. But I also make sure to offer a coupon to others if I know
#2- You can easily spread that word of mouth through Linkedin. I did this and it helped a few friends during the pandemic to teach their children how to read.
#3-I have posted cards in supermarkets and cafes about my course. Many places have a free space where you can pin a card about your class! It's also a great way to connect with people in your community to see how else you can meet their needs!
Define and target your audience: Clearly identify your target audience for the course and understand their needs, interests, and pain points. Develop buyer personas to create a detailed profile of your ideal students. This will allow you to tailor your marketing messages and strategies to resonate with your audience and increase the chances of attracting the right students.
Utilize content marketing: Content marketing is an effective strategy to establish your expertise, build trust, and attract potential students. Create valuable and relevant content such as blog posts, videos, podcasts, and social media posts that provide insights, tips, and guidance related to the subject matter of your course. Share this content through various channels to engage your target audience and position yourself as a credible authority in your field.
Leverage social media platforms: Social media platforms offer excellent opportunities to promote your courses and engage with your target audience. Choose platforms that align with your audience's preferences and focus your efforts on building a strong presence there. Share engaging content, interact with your followers, run targeted ads, and participate in relevant groups and discussions to raise awareness about your courses and attract potential students.
Offer compelling incentives and promotions: Incentives can be powerful motivators for prospective students to enroll in your courses. Offer limited-time discounts, early-bird pricing, or bundle deals to create a sense of urgency and value. Additionally, consider providing a free trial or a preview of your course content to allow potential students to experience the quality and value you offer.
Optimize landing pages: Your website and landing pages play a crucial role in converting visitors into enrolled students. Ensure your website is user-friendly, visually appealing, and mobile-responsive. Optimize your landing pages by clearly stating the benefits and value of your course, using persuasive copywriting techniques, incorporating testimonials or social proof, and including a prominent call-to-action button that leads visitors to the enrollment process.
Hi @Bella Thank you for inviting me.
here are my tips.
Optimize your course listing: Make sure your course listing is attractive and informative. Use high-quality images and videos, and write a clear and concise course description that highlights the benefits of your course. Make sure to use keywords in your title and description to help your course rank higher in search results.
Leverage social media: Promote your course on social media platforms where your target audience is active. Share short video clips, infographics, and other engaging content related to your course. Consider running targeted ads on social media platforms to reach more potential students.
Offer free trials and discounts: Offering a free trial or a discount can help entice potential students to enroll in your course. You can use this strategy to build your email list and convert more leads into paying students. Make sure to promote your free trial or discount offer on your website, social media channels, and email campaigns.
I'm anti-social media and don't have any following, so here is my advice for people who may not be big on social media.
1. Give away your course for free to some key influencers or people you know who are interested in your topic and get your course reviewed by them.
2. Be extremely good at what you teach; your confidence will come through in your free preview videos and help fuel interest in your course.
3. Pick an obscure topic on which few people have already created courses. Demand will grow if you are one of the only options out there.
Here are 3 tips to improve your online marketing course.
1. Create valuable content.
2. Design with mobile in mind.
3. Make decisions backed by data.
1. Create valuable content
It's no secret that creating valuable content is the key to successful digital marketing in today's business world. Attracting potential customers with helpful information and solutions to their problems can turn them from strangers into warm leads that are eager to learn more about your products and services. By utilizing the power of content marketing, you can educate and engage potential clients, turning them from casual browsers into valued customers.
2. Design with mobile in mind
Unlock the full potential of your digital marketing campaigns by designing with mobile in mind. With 95% of U.S. users accessing content through their mobile devices, it's no surprise that mobile commerce is rapidly emerging as a must-have component in marketing strategies. To ensure that your efforts are truly optimized, creating content with a mobile-first mindset is key. This means adapting your creative and copy to suit mobile environments before repurposing for other devices. Don't miss out on reaching your audience on their preferred channel – let mobile lead the way.
3. Make decisions backed by data.
Stop relying on guesswork and relying on outdated practices to navigate the digital marketing world. By taking a data-driven approach, you'll be able to avoid the pitfalls of subjective opinions and base all your decisions on measurable results. With campaign tracking and proper KPIs in place, you'll be able to keep your marketing strategy constantly evolving and your business thriving.
1. Reusing your hard-made content, is a must! Take a top performing video, one that's really going to get search terms, or one that's an innovative approach, and turn it into a Youtube video. At the beginning/end of the video make note that this is part of a course on Udemy, and there is a coupon in the bottom, and post a promotional coupon in the comments. Youtube is the #2 search engine on the planet so getting value there is a must!
2. Post discoveries that you made about your craft that will make you seem human. 🙂 It's very encouraging to learners when they find out that you, who they consider a master, learn new things, and make mistakes too. For instance, in your baking class, LinkedIn post: "I found out you can substitute cream cheese with xxx. I never knew that, thanks to [source]! I'm going to try it in... and report back"
3. Never let a month pass where you haven't used your promotional emails. Your existing students will always be your best candidates to buy again.
For niche subjects, there care limited audience available. udemy may promote such subjects globally and perhaps draw attention of the global community. Promoting globally such niche subjects can take Udemy to leading position with respect to its competition
organise workshops and invite global audience to participate will get good exposure
Udemy may form expert panel in various subjects and recognise the courses especially for niche subjects
Hey there! We have found the winners!
Congratulations to the following:
Congratulations again and thank you for everyone's participation. There was a lot of great information! We are excited to utilize these pieces of information for others to learn about marketing their courses.
We will be reaching out to the winners within the next few days!
Congratulations to the winners!
appreciate it, what a surprise thanks.😃🌷
Here are three tips to improve your online marketing for your courses:
Targeted Audience Segmentation: Identify your target audience and segment them based on their demographics, interests, and needs. This will allow you to tailor your marketing messages and strategies specifically to each segment. By understanding your audience's preferences and pain points, you can create compelling content and personalized campaigns that resonate with them.
Engaging Content Marketing: Create high-quality and valuable content related to your courses to attract and engage your target audience. This can include blog posts, videos, infographics, podcasts, and social media content. Share useful information, insights, and tips that demonstrate your expertise and provide value to potential learners. Consistently produce and promote your content through various channels to build brand awareness and establish yourself as a trusted authority in your field.
Effective Email Marketing: Utilize email marketing to nurture relationships with your audience and drive course enrollment. Build an email list of interested prospects and create targeted email campaigns that provide relevant information, updates, special offers, and incentives to enroll in your courses. Personalize your emails and make them visually appealing to capture attention. Use compelling subject lines, clear calls-to-action, and track email metrics to optimize your campaigns and improve conversion rates.
Remember, consistently monitoring and analyzing your marketing efforts through data and analytics will help you understand what strategies are working well and allow you to make data-driven decisions for further optimization.
if you wants to download free app visit then webteknohaber.
Congratulations to the winners! and everyone who participated
Congrats to all the winners.
Congratulations to all the winners!!! 🎉🎉
hi all i was a contractor in the UK i had a stroke i am now disabled and jobless i need money to go back to turkey please see my course about using chatgpt for creative writing you will benefiut for udemy as well please help by sharing rhe ciourse to your customers and colleagues etc
also please udemy also help me
I missed the deadline, but I would love to too.
It says winners announced. Who are they? I dont see anything
hi all i was a contractor i had a stroke after covid so jobless now pleasehelp me by purchasing this course i talk abiout using chatgpt you may use for udemy as well please alsio help marketing this
To me, I think as a media person,
we should promote positivity and hope,
and of course, alongside with reality.
This post is not edifying, Doctor.
This is a community of people like you, instructors.
Posts like this distract and mislead.
Imagine where we, all of us, embrase your approach
and do the same; littre everywhere with our
predicaments... It will disgust you when it
comes to an extent too.
We can not act like all hope is lost, please.
We all have problems, we must not corrupt
here by displaying them. Not trying to sound rude,
Relate your post with the topic and see
what I'm trying to say. The world is rough already, we all
know, but trying to keep it clean won't reduce you.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
Ooops, it looks like you’re not a registered Udemy instructor. Want to become an instructor? We’d love to have you!
Become an instructor Already an instructor? Sign in
You can join the Instructor Club after you publish your first course. In the meantime, you’ll find plenty of help and advice in Studio U.