World Teachers’ Day Giveaway #1 - What made you decide to teach online?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Teachers’ Day Giveaway #1 - What made you decide to teach online?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Instructor Community! 

Happy World Teachers’ Day! Established in 1994 and celebrated annually on October 5, World Teachers’ Day marks the date that the UNESCO/ILO recommendations were adopted which established standards for education professionals. 

We partnered with several Udemy Instructors to put together this quick video celebrating you and all that you do for your learners!

And now onto the giveaway….

To celebrate World Teachers’ Day, we are giving away Udemy t-shirts to the first 10 instructors who answer a daily prompt from October 5-7. During the celebration period, a daily prompt will be posted at a random time. The first 10 instructors to respond to the prompt will get a t-shirt (unless you've already received one this period). Limit one person. Offer valid while supplies last.

Today’s prompt: What made you decide to become an online instructor at Udemy?

24 Comments
Marious
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I really wanted to make a difference and share my love for IT. This has been my dream since I started my career.

krooonal
Observer
Observer

I wanted to reach more students and get more practice for remote teaching!

KuldeepShar285
Researcher
Researcher

to teach students about things i learned the hard way, like it took me 3 years to learn I teach same in 10 hours. 

matrishva
Observer
Observer

It is more of my passion and I love to teach. Online platform gives me more exposure and I can make my teaching and work reach across the globe.

Moustafa Ahmed
Researcher
Researcher

The main reason was to make money yet my mind switched once i've noticed how much of a positive impact i can bring in someone's life.

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Teaching is my passion and I love teaching.

Online teaching helped me to teach students all over the globe.

Thanks to Udemy for providing an amazing platform for teachers to teach students across the globe.

My teaching helped a lot of students to get knowledge and jobs - this is my motivation

To provide free education to students especially poor students and as Udemy has its reach worldwide, it promted us to join Udemy. 

I want to teach and train people in spiritual, psychological and physical sciences so that people can live their best lives in a world that can be confusing, depressing and dangerous. I do this from a Third world/First world cultural view as a Black Southern/Urban based elder Womanist so that I can help bring Divine liberation and Divine empowerment and protection to the oppressed, beaten down and ignored populations of this world society. That's why I'm here.

Mall_Academy
Observer
Observer

To make a positive impact in someone's life. Be the change you want to see in the world!

AHardin
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Being passionate about teaching and helping others. 🙂

ArbazKhan47
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Sharing my knowledge and upskilling students from around the globe

JasmineBayer
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Happy World Teachers Day

MichaelPog
Mentor Mentor
Mentor

I wanted to multiply my impact by teaching my knowledge to other engineers, while having the freedom to create what I want, when I want.

Looks like I didn't make it in the first 10, oh well:)

scbushan05
Researcher
Researcher

I love ❤️ teaching!

I always good at explaining the toughest concept in easy and fun way from my collage days. This turns out to be teach coding online to all the students out there. Udemy made this possible with this amazing platform. Thanks udemy team to fulfill our dreams 😊

AmilaKalhar557
Observer
Observer

I'm really facinating to share my knowledge,experience  with students which I leaned though my career.

JulioDiazCo078
Observer
Observer

For me it was the idea of accompanying Udemy in the democratization of education. To make specialized knowledge available to anyone who has the desire to excel at affordable cost.

I was also very motivated by the idea of being an evangelist of the energy transition to a carbon neutral future.

Society needs people who understand the transformation process in which we find ourselves.

Jibon_m
Observer
Observer

To share my knowledge and ways to let students learn industry-specific skills from home.

Drfsyed893
Observer
Observer

I am an ACTOR in Teaching. I love Teaching and it is my passion. I want to give more knowledge to my learners in Engineering and want to become a Famous ACTOR.

RKArora
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

I am a researcher and forecaster. I was looking for a platform where I can present my discoveries to the world. Udemy helped me to broadcast my inventions by providing such a wonderful platform. Knowledge + a wonderful well-equipped platform to deliver my discoveries helped me to become a teacher.

Love and blessings 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thank you everyone for sharing how you decided to become an online instructor - there are so many inspiring stories here and we're so glad that you all followed your hearts and took this step.

Congratulations! You were the first 10 instructors to respond to the prompt. Please fill out this form and we will follow up with the next steps to deliver your Udemy t-shirt! 👕
ChiragMehta777
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

TBH I was enrolled as a student learning web development and dreamt of getting employed with some skills. I realised I needed money to buy more courses because I love Udemy courses and cannot keep asking money at home.  I decided to share my accounting knowledge which I gained from maintaining accounts of my family business. All I wanted was to earn few bucks and pay for my expense coz I've been unemployed for long time and earnings from Udemy kept me afloat and helped me gain some respect at home. I'm not bluffing or trying to gain sympathy but actual facts. As a student too I'm grateful of Udemy for bringing good quality courses and I'm learning valuable skills and also making some bucks as well. Thanks for creating Udemy. 

Ksel
Observer
Observer

Trainer by passion,  Udemy gave me the tools to teach in a very creative way.

This platform gives the flexibility to work anytime.

The feedback from my test videos were very encouraging  and made me  persevere , to improve each time.

KuldeepShar285
Researcher
Researcher

@Bella sorry but i filled the form but didn't received any response ?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KuldeepShar285, thanks for filling out the form! Our team will be reaching out as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience! 😊