Audio - white noise - cricket sound high frequencies- tough time

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio - white noise - cricket sound high frequencies- tough time

Hii,

i am finding trouble to reduce cricket sounds from my audio recording. I live in a village area. Morning time, high frequency sounds like cricket is entering in my records. As my vocal range is in highs , I can't noise gate it. Can anyone suggest me a solution? 
Thanks, 

krish

5 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Krish-Karayil I ran a search here and found this discussion about removing background noise

https://community.udemy.com/t5/A-V-Solutions/What-do-you-do-to-remove-background-noise/m-p/8412 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

What kind of microphone are you using? Using a dynamic, directional mic can help to reduce background noises.

I am using a Blue Yeti microphone. I made a small hack ,  setup in my closet with blankets. still a small amount of white noise is coming. 

Unknown.jpeg

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

When you're ready to invest in upgrading your mic, consider a dynamic microphone - they're much less sensitive. I used a Blue Yeti myself for years before upgrading to a Shure SM7B (paired with a CloudLifter and Blue Icicle to convert it to USB).

Thanks @FrankKane I can't afford that mic right now. I will see a way.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!