Bonus content dilemma

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus content dilemma

Go to solution

Hello there! 

I am working on a course and it is almost ready. I want to add bonus content but not immediately (It is not ready yet and will take a month at least). I can't publish it as a free course because it is going to be longer than 2 hours.

The question is whether it is allowed for me to add new content say a month after publishing the original course? If yes, then can I make a sort of plan and upload say one hour of new content twice per month over the course of six months?

That way not only will the course get better but people will have more incentive to return.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @SabaMtchedl256

I hope you are enjoying your weekend  😊

You can absolutely publish your course, as long as it meets our quality standards. Please check out our Course Quality Checklist here. 

Once published, you can add or edit course lectures at any time. Click here to learn more about updating content.  

As you mentioned "bonus content" in the title of your post: In case you are referring to the bonus lecture, it's the same as with the other lectures mentioned above.

The things you have to keep in mind when creating a bonus lecture are, for example: 

• The bonus lecture is your marketing tool 
  • The bonus lecture has to be the last lecture of your course
  • The title of the bonus lecture must include the word "bonus." 

Please click here to learn more about the rules and guidelines for bonus lectures. 

If you have more specific questions, please reach out to our policy team at policy@udemy.com. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @SabaMtchedl256

I hope you are enjoying your weekend  😊

You can absolutely publish your course, as long as it meets our quality standards. Please check out our Course Quality Checklist here. 

Once published, you can add or edit course lectures at any time. Click here to learn more about updating content.  

As you mentioned "bonus content" in the title of your post: In case you are referring to the bonus lecture, it's the same as with the other lectures mentioned above.

The things you have to keep in mind when creating a bonus lecture are, for example: 

• The bonus lecture is your marketing tool 
  • The bonus lecture has to be the last lecture of your course
  • The title of the bonus lecture must include the word "bonus." 

Please click here to learn more about the rules and guidelines for bonus lectures. 

If you have more specific questions, please reach out to our policy team at policy@udemy.com. 

I hope this helps! 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors