Butterflies as it is time to publish my course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butterflies as it is time to publish my course

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

So, I created all the video lectures (105 of them), edited them (removed noise as best as I could) and also uploaded them. My test video cam back positive for video and audio quality. I uploaded slides and some additional documents such as cheatsheets, source codes (it is a programming course). I created my Udemy profile and linked my Paypal account.

The last step - to create a course promo video, describe the course and publish.

I have my own Facebook page where I have been doing some marketing and have built up a small fan club.

Am I forgetting anything? My first course and hence the nervousness.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Shiv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Almost there @shivkiyer! So exciting!

Check out this post by @CarlosDeLeon; he includes a great checklist about what to look for before you publish.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

Almost there @shivkiyer! So exciting!

Check out this post by @CarlosDeLeon; he includes a great checklist about what to look for before you publish.

Go to solution

That you for that link Jocelyn 🙂 That checklist is very useful. I am previewing the course videos as a student and am checking if the resources I added are also ok. I guess I will be ready to submit tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Shiv

Go to solution

Welcome-Hi sounds good,yes its Great to Check everything and also see what your Course looks like from a Students angle...You do sound Organised! The Best of Luck!

Go to solution

Actually I realized a mistake I made. I spent tooo much time reviewing things on my computer and then uploading at the last minute. I didn't know about this preview course as a student option. For my next course, I would upload as soon as a section is ready and preview as a student rather than collect the videos until the course is ready.

Cheers,

Shiv

Go to solution

Publish!!! 🙂

Remember that you can always fix/adapt/change parts of your course after it's published. It's never set in stone.

Go to solution

I just created and emailed my verification video. Now I guess will wait for them to get back to me. I suppose only after that will I be able to submit.

Thanks everyone! Been a student on Udemy for 2 years and bought over a dozen courses. Now time to cross the fence and start creating courses 🙂

Cheers,

Shiv

Go to solution

Hi Shiv,

Am a new instructor, could you advise me on the approximate price set upon your experience?

Regards

Go to solution

Hi Farid,

This question should be asked to experts separately. This is my first course, so I am trying out as well.

Regards,

Shiv

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors