Can I refer other Udemy courses and receive revenue from said referals?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I refer other Udemy courses and receive revenue from said referals?

Go to solution

Hello,

I am in the process of creating a Udemy course, and rather than cover material already well covered by other Udemy courses, may I simply recommend other Udemy courses  within my course AND receive some sort of a referral fee for this recommendation, if in fact the student decides to purchase the course based upon my recommendation?

I have searched for this but up to now see no clear answer.

Thank you in advance.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I think the only way to earn a commission on other people's courses would be by signing up as a Udemy affiliate, but there is an application process that most of us wouldn't qualify for: https://affiliatesupport.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049411833-What-are-the-requirements-to-join-...

Also it is questionable whether mentioning other courses outside of your bonus lecture would run afoul of Udemy's policies, even if it's not your course. If you were profiting from it, I think it certainly would.

You could just say something like "XXX isn't a topic this course covers, but if you'd like to learn more about it, you can search for many other good courses on it here on Udemy." You won't make money from it though.

Stepping back a bit, why not cover these topics yourself? Students tend to favor comprehensive courses; if you keep referring them to other courses they may not feel they got their money's worth from yours, and that could lead to poor reviews.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I think the only way to earn a commission on other people's courses would be by signing up as a Udemy affiliate, but there is an application process that most of us wouldn't qualify for: https://affiliatesupport.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049411833-What-are-the-requirements-to-join-...

Also it is questionable whether mentioning other courses outside of your bonus lecture would run afoul of Udemy's policies, even if it's not your course. If you were profiting from it, I think it certainly would.

You could just say something like "XXX isn't a topic this course covers, but if you'd like to learn more about it, you can search for many other good courses on it here on Udemy." You won't make money from it though.

Stepping back a bit, why not cover these topics yourself? Students tend to favor comprehensive courses; if you keep referring them to other courses they may not feel they got their money's worth from yours, and that could lead to poor reviews.

Go to solution

Thank you for your quick and informative reply. I appreciate it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors