Can I set up a beta version on Udemy?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set up a beta version on Udemy?

Go to solution

I've filmed 10 lectures and am now beginning to edit them. They represent about 20% of my course.

When I'm finished, I'd like to create a small version of the course for beta testers, so I can get their feedback before finalizing those lectures and proceeding with the rest of the course. 

Can I set up a private "beta" course in Udemy? If so, how?

Thanks!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @DavidBookbinder,

CC: @NikkiParsons 

Yes, instructors have the ability to make courses private. To gain access to the course, the student will need to enter a password or request access to it. For more information about the course privacy options, please check out this support article.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

Great question, following this thread

Go to solution

Hi @DavidBookbinder,

CC: @NikkiParsons 

Yes, instructors have the ability to make courses private. To gain access to the course, the student will need to enter a password or request access to it. For more information about the course privacy options, please check out this support article.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thanks, @Abbie . That's perfect!

Go to solution

This is great!

Does this mean it is possible to send a private free link to my course for beta testers while I am still putting the finishing touches on the course, and then once the course is complete I can switch the same course to a paid public course?

Or would I need to make 2 courses to do this?

Thank you!

Emily

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @EmilyDancesOfUnity You cannot share a course link while you are during the creation process. Once your course is completed it will go to through the Quality Review Process that every course goes through. For more information on this please click here.

If your course is approved you will be able to share the course link with your beta testers, please know that instructors can change the price of their course at any time, a course can only be switched from Free to Paid once. If the course is switched from free to paid and back to free (or vice versa) after the course is published, the promotional announcements for the course will be permanently disabled, check this out here If you have more questions, please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community

Go to solution

Thanks @ElianaC !

Go to solution

To add a little detail to Eliana's answer, the procedure I'm following is:

1. Complete my beta course
  2. Set it to Private with a password I give to my beta testers
  3. Submit it for approval to Udemy
  4. After approval, send the course link to the beta testers
  5. Get feedback from the beta testers and incorporate relevant feedback
  6. When ready to launch, set the course to Public 

Hope this helps -

David

Go to solution

Thanks @DavidBookbinder 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors