Can I use screen (presentation slides) and audio as my video lectures in udemy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use screen (presentation slides) and audio as my video lectures in udemy

Go to solution

Hello dear friends

I want to create my first course, I have almost finished the preparation of the course and now doing the recording. My question is can I use screen (presentation slides) and audio as my video lectures in udemy?  or do I have to record my self in every single lecture.

Like this is my plan; to create video of my self talking in the first lecture of every section, and then I want to make all my remaining lectures in that section using the screen (presentation slides ) + audio only as my videos? is this acceptable in Udemy?. 

The topic of my course is about Management. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@AbdirizakAb139

I've recorded 44 Udemy courses over 5 years containing virtually no talking head video -- they're all screencasts and PowerPoint presentations.  With almost 5,000 reviews I'm a 4.3 rated instructor.

Both Udemy, and apparently students, like seeing their instructor, but it isn't required.

In my latest course I'm working on I plan to do exactly what you propose.  In fact, I plan to use a mix of all Udemy course creation features in each section as follows:

Introduction - Talking head introduction to the section.

Lecture - PowerPoint presentation.

Demonstration - Screencast demonstration.

Quiz - A Udemy Quiz

Project - An article explaing how to complete the section project and submit results to Q&A.

Conclusion - A taling head summary of what was covered.

I have no evidence to support my assumption that my students will be happiest with a mix of lecture types each specifically tuned to the goals of the lecture.

$0.02,

---Brian

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Go to solution

Hi;

The best method is to ask from online chat.Easy and fast

Regards;

Go to solution

Hi @AbdirizakAb139,

We do recommend for instructors to use talking head style teaching as we've seen this can improve student's engagement. However, this is not mandatory. Feel free to use the teaching style you prefer.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You have to decide whether or not you want your course to be successful, or whethere you just want to say that you have published a course. 

Today I posted the research on what makes an effective online presentation. I suggest you read it. Of course, you can just publish a course with PowerPoint slides and voice over. However, that will not hold the attention of students and you will find that it does not sell well. If your courses are on management, this is particularly true. But it is up to you. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

HI 

I'm interested to read your research, could you provide the link, please 

Go to solution

Please direct me to your research you mention.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@AbdirizakAb139

I've recorded 44 Udemy courses over 5 years containing virtually no talking head video -- they're all screencasts and PowerPoint presentations.  With almost 5,000 reviews I'm a 4.3 rated instructor.

Both Udemy, and apparently students, like seeing their instructor, but it isn't required.

In my latest course I'm working on I plan to do exactly what you propose.  In fact, I plan to use a mix of all Udemy course creation features in each section as follows:

Introduction - Talking head introduction to the section.

Lecture - PowerPoint presentation.

Demonstration - Screencast demonstration.

Quiz - A Udemy Quiz

Project - An article explaing how to complete the section project and submit results to Q&A.

Conclusion - A taling head summary of what was covered.

I have no evidence to support my assumption that my students will be happiest with a mix of lecture types each specifically tuned to the goals of the lecture.

$0.02,

---Brian

Go to solution

Would you be so kind as to describe how you create a slide presentation as a video?

I created a slide presentation & on each slide, I inserted audio of the vocabulary that I'm teaching.  When I exported to mp4, the audio did not transfer to the video.

DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@AbdirizakAb139You can create courses without headshot videos. And as a beginner this may be the easiest way to get a course live. I started like this. And I believe courses are a continual "work in progress" rather than a finished polished version. So get the course live and then spend some time experimenting with head shot videos and maybe aim to get one headshot video in your course. My experience is that students like to see you but definitely not in every lecture. Probably the most important headshot videos are the promo / introductory video. So go for it and just look to improve your course once it is live. 🙂 

Go to solution

That is exactly what I have done with the six courses which I submitted. Everyone's teaching style is different. It is what you is to your taste. All the best.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors