Can anyone suggest different ways of marketing a course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone suggest different ways of marketing a course?

Go to solution

Dear Instructor community,

I am very delighted to join such a diverse and impressive community with my first course that was just published 🙂 It is basic course of what I normally teach, and it was really a challenge to make it, but somehow I managed, hopefully next one will be better 🙂 Now come the time to market the course, and here I feel lost, as none of Udemy suggestions seems to work for me: offline opportunities are limited at this particular time, as we all know it, and I’m not so good to say the least for online opportunities-I don’t have any social media platform or following, and to be honest, don’t plan to, as I’m super bad at managing those. So referrals and coupons are off the table. As at this point I don’t have audience. Also, lets keep in mind my topic-art and creativity- is certainly not among popular ones here.

So maybe you have some suggestions of other marketing strategies? I saw, that some people are offering free short courses, does that really work? Also they have this suggestion to make e-book, that I can certainly do, but it will take forever to get audience from that. How do other newcomers with no social following and with really particular topics are managing marketing?

I would appreciate your ideas, thanks very much in advance 🙂

I wish you all success and good health!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @SakaleArt You might want to take a look at this great thread where instructors shared some marketing tips: https://community.udemy.com/t5/Marketing/How-can-I-market-my-course/m-p/435 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @SakaleArt You might want to take a look at this great thread where instructors shared some marketing tips: https://community.udemy.com/t5/Marketing/How-can-I-market-my-course/m-p/435 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Thank you, Eliana

Go to solution

Hi @ElianaC I get an access denied error when I follow your link.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @RealFelix The error you are getting is because the shared link was made under the Published Instructor Club. 

Go to solution

Thanks @ElianaC , how can I join the published Instructor Club? I also have a course published but can't seem to figure out how to join that?

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@RealFelix The exact same post is here, which you can access: https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Plan-Your-Course-Marketing-Before-You-Publ...

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

me too

Go to solution

Facebook groups and youtube is the best place to market your courses. they help you a lot. 

Engineer, Engineering Academy-Nepal

Go to solution

Thank you, Gokul, for your kind answer, If you could give a hint how youtube could work-you mean puting advertisement there?

Go to solution

Thank you very much for important guidance which help me to make my topic impressive. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors