Choosing the right course to start with - high conversion rate or high demand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing the right course to start with - high conversion rate or high demand

Hi everybody,

I am new in this community and in Udemy and thought about jumping into the water of tutoring and sharing my knowledge I gathered in the last years.

I thought about selecting one of the two topics to start my first course - one which is more area focused and one which is more broader.

Using marketplace-insights I see that in the focused topic, there is average demand with low courses and conversion rate of ~2% which seems to me very low. The other which is a broader topic has high demand and average # of courses and conversion rate of ~17%.

My question is, what is your calculation when selecting the right topic?

Thanks!

3 Replies

It totally depends on the course you are offering. What I would suggest just start working on your course with less constraints and be natural. You never know what will make your course a popular course. By the way which subject you are aiming for your course ? All the very best. Regards, Amit Tripathi 

@SagiGliksman wrote:

Hi everybody,

I am new in this community and in Udemy and thought about jumping into the water of tutoring and sharing my knowledge I gathered in the last years.

I thought about selecting one of the two topics to start my first course - one which is more area focused and one which is more broader.

Using marketplace-insights I see that in the focused topic, there is average demand with low courses and conversion rate of ~2% which seems to me very low. The other which is a broader topic has high demand and average # of courses and conversion rate of ~17%.

My question is, what is your calculation when selecting the right topic?

Thanks!

Thanks @Amit955 for the quick response.

Will be happy to hear more thoughts...

Have you tried https://coursegraph.io ? It will give you more insights into demand, enrollments, revenue, etc. so that you can plan your course better.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!