Choosing what language to start the first course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing what language to start the first course

Go to solution

Hello all,

I am in my firsts hours of training as instructor at Udemy and I am fascinated with all the resources I have found.

My initial question is, should I start in English or Spanish.

After living for 20 years in Miami and traveled all around the US, I tarined hundreds of people, hence I feel comfortable speaking and providing training in English, even the material I use is in English as well, however I must recognize that Spanish is my native language which gives me more flexibility at the time of delivering.

Here my dilema:

- If I create my first course in English, the course may reach a broader audience and eventually get some money faster.

- If I start in Spanish, it wil be easier for me but the reach I believe will be quite smaller, hence the possibility of earning money sooner might be low.

I'd like to ask the community if someone has had this dilema and what advice has for me.

Thank you, CM/.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I would be offering it is both languages given your fluency @CMorales . Record in it one, set it up in your editing software Screeflow for example, then copy that and record it in the other language if you are on screen. If mostly off-screen Udemy can ghost the course for you so you can dub the other language over it. Good luck

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I would be offering it is both languages given your fluency @CMorales . Record in it one, set it up in your editing software Screeflow for example, then copy that and record it in the other language if you are on screen. If mostly off-screen Udemy can ghost the course for you so you can dub the other language over it. Good luck

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

Hello Sharon,

Your answer just gave me the push I needed (I didn´t know that until I heard you).

To do it in both languages is just doable with minor tech help.

I see that you ar a very-very eperimented instructor at Udemy, hence I appreciate very much your answer. Regards, CM/.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors