Co-instructor revenue share

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-instructor revenue share

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm have a question about co-instructor revenue share. Can co-instructors create their own course coupons? If yes, do they keep 97% of their share of the revenue. For example, if the co-instrucor gets 50% of sales and brings in a student via a course coupong, does he/she get to keep 97% of the 50%?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution
5 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I don't think Udemy keeps track of which co-instructor created the coupon. No matter which of you made it, 97% of a course attributed to an instructor coupon will go toward the instructors, which will then be split up however you've agreed.

So, short answer: yes.

Go to solution

Thanks!

LindsayMarsh
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Ashebani,  It will be split evenly between you and the instructor no matter who created the coupon, it will track the coupon name used, so a lot of times I will create a custom coupon name for me, so I can keep track of who is making more sales with coupons, me or the co-instructor (mostly as a fun game where everyone wins). 

And yes, if it comes in as a coupon you should get 50 percent of 97 percent of the sale. 

Go to solution

Thank you!

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Ashebani 

Yes, co-instructors can create coupons if given permission from the course settings. Since co-instructors share revenue it would work the same as other sales in the sense that each co-instructor would get the corresponding assigned revenue share percentage of the 97% earned from this instructor coupon sale (The coupon sale would not be given to a single instructor all at once, unless only 1 instructor has all the revenue share percentage assigned, which can happen).

You can find more detailed information about the revenue share here https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229605008-Instructor-Revenue-Share 

Regards,

Eliana 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!