Copywright

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copywright

I have contacted the author of the book that I am basing my course on. He has stated that he has no problem with my udemy course as long as it is free. With the new free course guidlines this is not possible, because it will be more than 2 hours. If it is not free he said we should set up a royalty arrangement.  I was hoping that there was some way that udemy could do that automatically with every purchase of the course. Is this possible?

1 Reply

Hey @hegelian74 

Ultimately, Udemy cannot advise on any copyright issue and takes no responsibility for the material that you place on our platform. Remember that you retain the rights to all of the content that you place on Udemy and that we are simply the platform through which you deliver that material.

If you have any other questions and for further advice regarding this, please feel free to reach out policy@udemy.com.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors