Coupon Issues and Transparency Concerns

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon Issues and Transparency Concerns

Go to solution

Hi there,

I recently observed a discrepancy in my courses. In certain instances, I can generate a $9.99 coupon valid for five days, while in others, I have the option to create a coupon ranging from $14.99 to $99.99 for a 30-day period. It's worth mentioning that the minimum value used to be $12.99.

This alteration is specific to certain courses. Has anyone else encountered this?

I'm curious why I'm unable to set my own pricing for coupons. What's the reason behind this inconsistency across different courses?

Appreciate any insights!

Best,
Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @RonErez Happy day! 😊

If you have opted-in to the Udemy Deals Program, this is expected as stated in this article about coupons and referral links. Your course prices are determined by Udemy pricing intelligence, and their possible coupon prices will follow suit.

Instructors can still choose from a range, but that range is determined by what our data suggests is the most appropriate price for that course in the instructor’s market at the time.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @RonErez Happy day! 😊

If you have opted-in to the Udemy Deals Program, this is expected as stated in this article about coupons and referral links. Your course prices are determined by Udemy pricing intelligence, and their possible coupon prices will follow suit.

Instructors can still choose from a range, but that range is determined by what our data suggests is the most appropriate price for that course in the instructor’s market at the time.

Best regards,

Go to solution

Ooh. I see. Thank you!

Ron

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors