Course Coupon generation and Course ID

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course Coupon generation and Course ID

My first course is already uploaded. Now I want to promote the course coupons on my social media and youtube platforms. But I want to understand how the coupons creation works.
I want to create multiple coupons. In that case, I am having trouble in these aspects:
1. Can I create 500 bulk coupons in one CSV file? I saw that there was a rule: CSV file cannot have more than 200 rows of data? So one CSV file can contain maximum 200 coupon codes?
2. After I have uploaded the CSV file, how can I delete the file in case I don't need it anymore?

3. Once CSV file is uploaded, will Udemy automatically update the coupon codes on course landing page?

4. If I want to create bulk coupons, how many coupons can I create for each month, especially how many free coupons can I create per month? 
4. How can I access my course ID?

2 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AndrilaHoss397

Thank you for your post, and congratulations on the publication of your course. That's exciting!😊

Before diving deeper into your questions, it's important to note that you can generate up to three coupon codes per month per course. For more insights into your coupon options, you can click here. Also, the bulk option is especially beneficial for instructors who have multiple courses on Udemy, as it helps them manage their monthly coupon codes more efficiently. We have a great video about creating bulk coupons here.

Now, regarding your questions:

• Unfortunately, once a CSV file has been uploaded, it cannot be deleted. Similarly, coupons cannot be removed; they can only be deactivated. However, deactivating a coupon does not grant you additional ones.
  • After uploading a CSV file, Udemy does not automatically update coupon codes on your course landing page. You'll need to promote the course by sharing the coupons, for example through social media channels. For further information, you can refer to this helpful link: Udemy Coupon Guidelines. I also recommend checking out our Best Instructor Posts of All Time — Marketing as those have valuable tips on how you can promote your course.
  • Remember that you can generate up to three coupon codes per course per month. Additional details can be found by clicking here.
  • You can access your course ID by following these steps here.
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Have a nice day!

@AndrilaHoss397aarp mahjongg wrote:

My first course is already uploaded. Now I want to promote the course coupons on my social media and youtube platforms. But I want to understand how the coupons creation works.
I want to create multiple coupons. In that case, I am having trouble in these aspects:
1. Can I create 500 bulk coupons in one CSV file? I saw that there was a rule: CSV file cannot have more than 200 rows of data? So one CSV file can contain maximum 200 coupon codes?
2. After I have uploaded the CSV file, how can I delete the file in case I don't need it anymore?

3. Once CSV file is uploaded, will Udemy automatically update the coupon codes on course landing page?

4. If I want to create bulk coupons, how many coupons can I create for each month, especially how many free coupons can I create per month? 
4. How can I access my course ID?

Hello, @AndrilaHoss397 

I can see your post I want to know if it resolves your query please tell me I need information so it's requested.

Best Regard,
Patrick Fritz

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!