Course approved but not showing up in searches

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course approved but not showing up in searches

Hi all! My course was recently approved, but has yet to show up in any of my udemy searches. This includes searching the exact title. Is this normal? How long does it take usually for a course to appear in the marketplace once it's approved?

10 Replies

HI John

It takes time for the curse to appear. Go to incognito mode, try searching the keywords. Try searching the exact name of your course. If you can see your course, then it means your course has been listed. To rank up, it will depend on the popularity of your course. 

Engineer, Engineering Academy-Nepal

What do you mean with "incognito mode"?

CTRL+SHIFT+N on your browser will take you to the incognito mode. Try that and you will understand. 

Tried that. No luck. It's been almost 24 hours and I've gone through all the pages looking for the course. I can go to the course typing the URL that was creating... but not using their searches. This is not a course that many people have created other courses for. So if it was in there search database, it would show up I would imagine, regardless of the fact that no one has purchased it yet or rated it.

Wait for some more time. I assume that the course has been published. If yes, then definitely it's there. 

@Abbie, @ElianaC@MariaG any advice on this from you?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnChris1978 Once a course is approved, it takes around 24-48 hours to appear in the search bar, so right now you are within this time frame. If after this time, you are not able to find the course in the search bar, please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com.

Thanks for letting me know. That was the info that I was looking for. Is there a way that I could recommend to Udemy to let instructors know that information whenever they send their email saying that the course is now in the marketplace?

You could log a ticket at https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?type=instructor and suggest this as a feature.

I think we must wait and watch, logging tickets will be more burden for Udemy team they are busy with course approvals and will then take more time to approve 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors