Course landing page "save" grayed-out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course landing page "save" grayed-out

Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to save my course landing page for my draft course, but it's impossible since the "Save" button is grayed out.

I have filled up all the fields and do not see any obvious warnings or errors.

I am pretty sure that once I leave the page I will lose all progress, which is very annoying.

Any advice?

DimitriosPl160_0-1703795362383.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

@DimitriosPl160 

Normally when this occurs it’s because I didn’t write enough in the course description. You are right, it will not auto save what you wrote. I hope you copied and pasted it in another document. Do have a screen shot of the course description page?

Glitches hopefully are not the new normal. It’s happening on different platforms ….remember how we used to have to turn the computer off, unplug, restart to get a solution? And that would work.  My iPad has been glitchy all afternoon jumping off the Wi-Fi.  Annoying 😳

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Go to solution

@DimitriosPl160 

Normally when this occurs it’s because I didn’t write enough in the course description. You are right, it will not auto save what you wrote. I hope you copied and pasted it in another document. Do have a screen shot of the course description page?

Glitches hopefully are not the new normal. It’s happening on different platforms ….remember how we used to have to turn the computer off, unplug, restart to get a solution? And that would work.  My iPad has been glitchy all afternoon jumping off the Wi-Fi.  Annoying 😳

Go to solution

Not entirely sure of the reason but it eventually worked. 🤔
I suspect the culprits were:
1. The course image had to be cropped (?). No visual feedback was given.

2. Some false-positive check in my course description was discovering links (!). It appeared that it really did not like when I "shift+enter" a particular sentence, instead of leaving a proper paragraph. Only for a very specific sentence that is. 😅
Feedback was eventually given.

Go to solution

Mine wont work either, I made a new image to the exact specifications, I have over 1,000 words on my description, I don't know why but I can't save it. It's been 2 days and there is no support on Udemy outside of them making their users help other users for free like this.

I spent 3 months building this course and it was supposed to launch today but the last week I have been stuck at this grayed out box. Frustrating...

Go to solution

@ClickedCreations 

Oh my! This post has different support options. Here are rules and guidelines for course landing pages.

Here is more info on best practices for the landing page. 

Happy reading and hope it helps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors