cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course video showing as a max of 720p in Preview and is blurry

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is from Udemy side or simply I need to record again:

1. I used Quicktime player to record screen and audio

2. I uploaded a sample in the Unity test section and got approved with good comments regarding quality

3. Then I uploaded the full version of the video in the Curriculum (I like to upload anything I have ready) and I went to Preview to just see how it looks like. I noticed that the max allowed quality was 720p and the screen seemed more blurry compared to the one I had sent for the test.

Has this happened to you and is it because of how Preview works or I need to record it again? I tried to export explicitly on 1080p from Quicktime but same.

Sorry if the q is silly, very new to this!

2 Replies

Hey @Evan1Udemy employs an “Adaptive Streaming” player for course videos. This option is not yet available for all Udemy courses, but the team is always happy to enable it by instructor request. You can do so by reaching out to instructorsupport@udemy.com 

When enabled, it means that students can choose an “Auto” streaming option for the course video. With this Auto option, 1080p streaming is possible, if the student has the streaming capability and necessary screen size to take advantage of 1080p.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Thanks Abbie! I actually talked to support so they enabled 1080p in my sample videos and the quality was good.

What i am not sure is that 720p was blurry and if i need to do something on my end as I saw some live tutorials where 720p looked also good. So i am afraid that if a student does not have ability for 1080 they will struggle with the 720, at least the way it was at the Preview - I dont assume the Preview is different to the live in terms of the same quality grade?

ie the 720 i see in preview is the same the student will see in live?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors