Differentiating Q&A Access Between Paid and Free Course Enrollments

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiating Q&A Access Between Paid and Free Course Enrollments

Go to solution

Hello fellow instructors,

I am exploring ways to enhance the value of paid enrollments for my courses. I am considering enabling the Q&A feature exclusively for students who have purchased the course, while those who enroll for free using coupons would only have access to the course content without the Q&A functionality.

Is it possible within the Udemy platform to implement such a distinction between paid and free enrollments in terms of Q&A access? If so, could you guide me on how to set this up or direct me to the relevant resources?

Thank you for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to stop certain users posting on the Q&A under certain conditions (e.g. they gained access via a free coupon). You would have to do this manually by checking the student and seeing if they paid or not. 

You should consider if it's more work to check that every time than to answer questions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to stop certain users posting on the Q&A under certain conditions (e.g. they gained access via a free coupon). You would have to do this manually by checking the student and seeing if they paid or not. 

You should consider if it's more work to check that every time than to answer questions.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Vipin_bit As mentioned by your colleague, this option is currently unavailable. Students who have enrolled using a free coupon will enjoy full access to the entire course, including Q&A sessions, assignments, and the ability to provide feedback through reviews. There are no differences in the features offered between paid and free enrollments.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors