cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
df
Researcher
Researcher

First course about Java Multithreading, but low conversion rate

I created my first course and I'm happy to notice it already appears on the first page of results for keywords like "java multithreading" and "java concurrency". I'm also satisfied with the number of visitors to the landing page, which is 48 visits in the first 2 weeks.

What worries me is the conversion rate that at the moment is just 6.25%. Not sure about this number, but it looks low to me. I only got 2 paid subscriptions at the moment.

I thought that maybe somebody can help me with spotting if something is wrong and give some feedback about the first impression. Also, not sure if the accent can be a turn-off, as I'm not a native English speaker.

7 Replies

That conversion rate is not alarming for a new course at all. For established courses, I'd say a conversion rate of 10-15% is common. But for a new course with few reviews, the conversion rate is going to be lower. As for the accent (I didn't actually check it), I am not sure if it affects the conversion rate much, but some people do mention it in reviews. Anyway, it's not a major concern if people can understand what you are saying. Anyway, your conversion rate is fine for the time being, at least in my opinion.

Your Udemy profile is private. That won't help driving sales. You should make it public.

df
Researcher
Researcher

Thanks, I didn't realize it.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @df Can you edit your post to remove the course link (click "options" then select "edit message")? We don't allow self-promotion (course links included)? 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

df
Researcher
Researcher

Link removed

Hey @df You should create a Intro video better than others.

And also create a Great thumbnail for your course.

Only first things all notice is thumbnail,so make better than others.

df
Researcher
Researcher

Thanks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors