First time Course Creator Needing help with an issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time Course Creator Needing help with an issue

Hi, I just posted a course and gave out some coupons to friends to get the ball rolling.  The one let hers expire so tried to purchase the course.  As a South African, many of us have email addresses that end in .co.za, and so she got an error.  It appears you can only sign up with a .com address.  Is this correct?  Most of my peeps are in South Africa with .co.za addresses.  Please, if someone could guide me or advise if there is a way around this, please get in touch 🙏

1 Reply
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CarlaADG

Congratulations on publishing your first course!🎉

Handing out coupons to friends and family is a great way to kickstart your course. But I'm sorry to hear that one of your friends is having trouble signing up on Udemy.com. Just to clear things up, we do accept email addresses from all over the world, including ones with the ".co.za" domain.

The most common issue students encounter when unable to create an account is having an existing Udemy account with the same email address. So, my advice is to reach out to our student support team directly. Please click here and head to the "Contact Us" section on the right. This will give your friend better insight into what's going on.

If you have additional questions, please let me know.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors