First time instructor for math courses

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time instructor for math courses

Hello everyone, my name is Ariana. I am just starting in Udemy and my first course (and only one so far) is about geometry. I am a civil engineer but I have always felt passionate about teaching. Currently, I am getting my masters so I am doing this on the side.

I would like to ask for some advice on how can I promote my course and make it more attractive to students. I believe my course has a lot of valuable information but as I just started I have 0 reviews so I don't know how to get people to enroll.

Thank you in advance for the advice

Ariana

2 Replies
IsabelH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ArianaMorales 

You might want to take a look at this great thread where instructors shared some marketing tips: https://community.udemy.com/t5/Marketing/How-can-I-market-my-course/m-p/435

Hope this helps!

Isabel Handal

Hi @ArianaMorales 

The first thing you need to consider is how many other courses teach Geometry. I did a Udemy search on Geometry and found over 700 courses. So, you are competing against 700+ courses. You can imagine how difficult it's going to be to get your course noticed. It's going to take a lot of time. 

The only thing I can think of to suggest is to find online math / geometry clubs and offer free coupons to your course to gain some attention and reviews. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!