Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time to create an online course

Any advice for me

4 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Discipline! It's a lot of work to produce a course, so make sure you're carving out some set amount of time every week to work on it. Even if it's only a few hours, eventually it will get done. Slow and steady wins the race!

My other main advice is to research the topic you're planning to teach using Udemy's Marketplace Insights tools. I'd hate to see you put all that effort into a topic that is already saturated with excellent courses that will be tough for a first-timer to compete with. You want to identify a niche that you're an expert in that isn't already flooded.

Beyond that, the resources you'll find offered on Udemy's instructor dashboard as you create your first course are great and you should read and watch them all. Many top instructors also offer courses of their own tips and tricks on Udemy (search for "course creation") that you might find helpful. But, the main thing is to just do it. Your course will have zero value until it's released, so just keep marching toward that goal.

Oh, and don't expect massive success with your first course. Things have a much better chance of taking off when you can cross-promote between students of two or more courses, and your first course will largely be a learning experience for you. So, don't quit too early.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@harryindia,

While I agree with @FrankKane I would argue that possibly more important than the planning steps he outlined is the willingness to just go for it.

Frankly, it takes a lot of chutzpah (yiddish for guts) to put yourself out there for evaluation and review.

I created my first 10 courses during my first 10 weeks with Udemy.  Were the courses good and in the right niches?  Good enough to start making me some money right away -- and actually making money is a great motivator, at least for me.

Again, though @FrankKane provides great advice, don't be too hesitant and have the chutzpah to record lots of less-than-perfect courses fast - your wallet will thank you.

---Brian

Hi;

Congrats.

Welcome to our community and accecpt my warmest congratulations!

It's my honor to help you to create your best course.

I'm ready to help you to create great courses or increase the quality of your teaching.

The most important matters in teaching are:

1-Enjoy the teaching!

2-Consider you are teaching to children so say everything in depth and in simple language!

3-Try diffrent methods to delivery your concept.

4- Be expert in your field of teaching.

For recording :

1- You can use something like this:

http://www.ahujaradios.com/microphones/tie-clip-series/utp-30.html

but i'm using external sound card for connecting my microphone.

2-For better quality of your voice you can use Audacity Software and use it's noise reduction filter so the result is great.

3- For capturing your screen you can use : BB flashback pro.It;s really great app.

5- In addition you can send your test video to Udemy review team they are great and will help you a lot and also you can post your video here so we can help you.

6-Also you can use Udemy help center with great topics in this link:

https://teach.udemy.com/course-creation/

7-Open My courses so there is few great Udemy free courses for how to create your course.

8- Don't worry anymore just focus on your recording and do your best.

Remeber this: practice make perfect.

Regards;

DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @harryindia The best advice is available in the Help Centre and obviously popping into this community. The link to the Help Centre is https://www.udemy.com/instructor/help/

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors