For a free lecture preview, does it need to be as long as the lecture.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a free lecture preview, does it need to be as long as the lecture.

Go to solution

Hi;

Let's say I have a lecture that is 14 minutes in length, out of which I want to offer 7 minutes as a free preview. Is that and option and how can I do this?

Also, is the total free preview length capped at 10 minutes, or is 10 minutes the minimum.

I mean just in case I go above it, say up to 15 minutes total.

Kindly

Wasfi

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi Wasfi

You can either choose to make a video available for preview or not.

That means the full video will be available for preview. There is no option to make part of the video available for preview.  Also, I don't think there is a limit of 10 mins for a preview video. 

If you want to make 7 minutes of a 15 minutes video as preview, I would suggest breaking down that lecture into 2 and make the first 7 minutes as one video available for preview, and leave the 2nd lecture not enabled for preview.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Thank you Ramesh.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Wasfi

You can either choose to make a video available for preview or not.

That means the full video will be available for preview. There is no option to make part of the video available for preview.  Also, I don't think there is a limit of 10 mins for a preview video. 

If you want to make 7 minutes of a 15 minutes video as preview, I would suggest breaking down that lecture into 2 and make the first 7 minutes as one video available for preview, and leave the 2nd lecture not enabled for preview.

Hope this helps! 

Go to solution

Thank you Ramesh.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors