Free course and its policy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free course and its policy

Go to solution

Hey there! I am creating a course on a topic and willing to keep it free and am halfway there to complete the recording. But here I can't upload video content for more than 2 hours in a free course. 

So, I am thinking about uploading the first 2 hours of content here on Udemy and upload the full course on YouTube. Is it permissible? 

I am keeping the course as a free course. Can I add a video at the end with a message that due to Udemy's policy, I can't upload more lessons here? But the complete course can be found on Youtube on (channel name) channel. 

Please guide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @iMiMofficial

Thank you so much for asking.

Yes, that's right, free courses can have video content of 2 hours only. I understand your workaround here, but I recommend contacting our policy team at policy@udemy.com for this very specific question.  The team will be happy to help and provide you with guidance. 

Thank you so much. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @iMiMofficial

Thank you so much for asking.

Yes, that's right, free courses can have video content of 2 hours only. I understand your workaround here, but I recommend contacting our policy team at policy@udemy.com for this very specific question.  The team will be happy to help and provide you with guidance. 

Thank you so much. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors