Free to paid course - promotion

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free to paid course - promotion

Go to solution

Hi , 

I am about to publish my first course. I like to find out - If I publish it as a free course, and after a few months convert it a paid course , will I still be able to issue free coupons to selected customer  so that they can still get the course free?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey @ivantay! Yes, you can set your course for free now and change it later and share free coupons.

That being said, while you can change the price of your course at any time, you can switch from Free to Paid only once. If you switch from free to paid and back to free (or vice versa) after the course is published, your promotional announcements for the course will be permanently disabled.

Check out this support article with more info about promoting your course with coupons and referral links.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Go to solution

Hey @ivantay! Yes, you can set your course for free now and change it later and share free coupons.

That being said, while you can change the price of your course at any time, you can switch from Free to Paid only once. If you switch from free to paid and back to free (or vice versa) after the course is published, your promotional announcements for the course will be permanently disabled.

Check out this support article with more info about promoting your course with coupons and referral links.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors