Get feedback for your course here! [August Feedback Thread]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get feedback for your course here! [August Feedback Thread]

Go to solution

Whether this is your first or fifth course, it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors how you can improve your course content to be even better. Each month, we create a feedback thread where you can ask for feedback and share your feedback too.

Before you share your course content, check out our self-promotion policy and read these quick guidelines:

1. Be specific. Share what you’re looking to improve or things you’re concerned about so your fellow instructors can provide targeted feedback.
  2. Upload content directly. Whenever you can, directly upload a video or course outline to our platform so it’s easier for other instructors to check it out.
  3. Don’t share course links or instructor coupons. This is a space to share and receive feedback, not sell to other instructors. If you want to reference a course, share the full name of your course without linking it. Instructors can find the course by clicking on your community profile and going to your instructor account on Udemy.
  4. Pay it forward. If you’re asking for feedback, look over someone else’s course and give them some feedback too! Always try to give more than you ask for.

We hope this feedback thread can help you create even better courses!

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hey @Avril_Impacts, if you haven't published your course yet, then sharing a representative lesson would be most helpful. 

View solution in original post

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi Anjali, I just had a quick look at your latest course free previews. Your slides and colourful and look great. The music however is for me really bad, it makes it hard to understand you, I have to read th captions as it is so loud. At times your speak very fast which also makes it hard. 

So for me, I would drop the music and slow down just a bit. I think you have the seeds of some greats courses. I don’t know your genre at all, but assume it is very competitive. Plus it would be great to meet you face to face, even if you are shy, just a quick few words live on your video to begin with would be great. People like to think they know you.

Don’t lose heart, work to improve your engagement with your students. And don’t worry if they unsubscribe to announcements! Good luck 😉 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

AlvaroChirou
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @3MinLanguages !

Entiendo que manejas el español, así que voy a aprovechar para escribir en mi lengua nativa (jaja), para quien no sepa español puede usar el translate (https://translate.google.com.ar/) 🙂

Bueno, para empezar, te invito a entrar a mi perfil y ver el video de mi último curso (certificación en LPIC), te digo el ultimo ya que en la medida que hago nuevos cursos, voy mejorando los videos de introducción, ya que es al video que más esfuerzo debes invertir. ¿Porque? simple, es el primer video que el alumno vera y determinara si compra o no el curso, básicamente es la puerta de entrada. Sumado a esto, muchos instructores han visto cambios significativos en sus conversiones (ventas) al mejorar sus videos de introducción.

Vamos a los consejos:

1. Te sugiero que salgas en cámara, aunque sea pocos minutos (así como veras que yo salgo en mis videos, cosa que en los primeros cursos no hacia).¿Porque?, primero, aplicando programación neurolingüística del Marketing, se logran más ventas cuando vemos una cara (es cierto). Sumado a esto, desde una perspectiva de psicología, es muy importante que el alumno conozca en persona al instructor, esto rompe la barrera y factor impersonal que trae la educación online, logrando un acercamiento mayor entre instructor-estudiante.
  2. El video de introducción no debe durar más de 2 minutos, como máximo 2:30 minutos y ya es mucho, con este tiempo es muy factible que pierdas la atención del alumno a menos que hagas un video muy dinámico.
  3. Combina efectos visuales como los que ya tienes, con salir tú en cámara, eso hace que se mantenga más la atención y se evita la monotonía.
  4. Debes primero, presentarte tú, es clave que el estudiante conozca al instructor y su formación en el tema que lo habilita para enseñar lo que das en el curso (yo por ejemplo se ve mi título universitario cuando salgo en cámara). Luego, de una manera muy resumida, debes transmitir concretamente lo que vas a enseñar en el curso, porque el estudiante debe elegir el tuyo y no otro que enseñe lo mismo en Udemy. Y para cerrar, invita a la acción para que concrete la compra del curso.

Consejos sobre tu video:

1. No usuaria música de fondo, no mientras tú hablas por lo menos.
  2. Aprovecha los videos de pre visualización gratuita para transmitir contenido del curso y mostrar que vas a enseñar, haz esto para evitar ocupar tiempo valiosa en tu video de intro enseñando ejemplos de lo que se verá en el curso.
  3. Aplica los consejos que te di al principio 🙂

Cualquier duda que tengas, puedes realizarla con confianza!

Álvaro Chirou.
Technology Expert

Go to solution

Thank you so much @LindsayMarsh , I'll keep all that in mind when I make my next promo videos

Y también, muchas gracias @AlvaroChirou ; todo lo que ha escrito será muy útil para mí 

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

it is not clear to me what 'feedback' consists of or how useful it is, since it doesn't build social proof as reviews do. If the feedback is about the audio and video, doesn't the test video feedback sorts this problem? Or is the feedback about the delivery of the course, i.e. how well the explanations are done through speech, etc? The reason I bring this up is that it seems to me impossible to give 'feedback' about someone else's course if he's a computer scientist and I know nothing about the topic. But even if I knew as much, what would be the point of giving them 'feedback' ? I am confident about what I teach. As for how I teach it, I have compared to how other instructors teach it, and it seems to me that it's not worse than how they teach, and in many cases better. In fact, I detect many faults about THEIR teaching, but even then, why would I spend my time trying to 'improve' them?

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous, it definitely depends on the instructor and what they're looking for. You can see what sort of feedback has been requested and provided in past threads: July, June & May. Hope that helps!

Go to solution

Hi Jocelyn 

Is it better to upload a lesson of the course instead of the entire course for feedback? What Would you suggest? I am asking this question because I will soon upload my first course but want to make extensive use of the feedback opportunity. 

Go to solution

Hey @Avril_Impacts, if you haven't published your course yet, then sharing a representative lesson would be most helpful. 

Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

Greetings !

I have recently published 5 high quality technical professional courses in programming languages (3 free and 2 paid ). For last 6 months, I was working too hard to make a better, simple, and  efficient way of learning experience which I missed during my graduation.  There were few issues had happened but I have learnt to ignore and try to figure it out how to make it better and learn to improve it. Now, I feel little low and confused to understand, should I continue making these type of courses or how to improve it without knowing what is missing. Because, when It is reviewed 1 star without any feedback , It's just like result declaration with out answer sheet. Now recently, one of my student messaged me to mute my educational announcement. I understand may be it is hard but it is confusing for me now. 

Could you please help and suggest me to know, what would you do If  you were me?

Regards,

Anjali

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi Anjali, I just had a quick look at your latest course free previews. Your slides and colourful and look great. The music however is for me really bad, it makes it hard to understand you, I have to read th captions as it is so loud. At times your speak very fast which also makes it hard. 

So for me, I would drop the music and slow down just a bit. I think you have the seeds of some greats courses. I don’t know your genre at all, but assume it is very competitive. Plus it would be great to meet you face to face, even if you are shy, just a quick few words live on your video to begin with would be great. People like to think they know you.

Don’t lose heart, work to improve your engagement with your students. And don’t worry if they unsubscribe to announcements! Good luck 😉 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

Hello 🙂

I'm currently remaking my course promo videos, and was wondering if anybody had any feedback.

Here's my current promo video for my Spanish course, if anybody has any thoughts on how it can be improved, I'd be very grateful 🙂

Go to solution

Tagging in @AlvaroChirou & @LindsayMarsh to see if they have some time to watch your video and share some advice 🙂 

Go to solution

Thank you Smiley Happy

LindsayMarsh
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi! I am using google translate (below) so sorry for any strange grammar that may be in there!  I think this is a well-paced video with a great length. Your voice is clear and under control. I love the examples you provide halfway through to show users your unique approach to teaching a language. What I would love to see is some screenshots of short clips throughout that show actual lessons and examples so viewers can really understand how it looks beyond the intro, like a quick peek “inside” the course. I think this is really well done and a great example of a solid intro! @3MinLanguages 

¡Hola! Estoy usando el traductor de Google, ¡lo siento por cualquier gramática extraña que pueda haber aquí! Creo que este es un video con buen ritmo y gran duración. Tu voz es clara y bajo control. Me encantan los ejemplos que brindan a mitad de camino para mostrar a los usuarios su enfoque único para enseñar un idioma. Lo que me encantaría ver es algunas capturas de pantalla de clips cortos que muestran lecciones y ejemplos reales para que los espectadores realmente puedan entender cómo se ve más allá de la introducción, como un vistazo rápido "dentro" del curso. ¡Creo que esto está muy bien hecho y es un gran ejemplo de una introducción sólida!

Go to solution

Thank you so much @LindsayMarsh , I'll keep all that in mind when I make my next promo videos

Y también, muchas gracias @AlvaroChirou ; todo lo que ha escrito será muy útil para mí 

AlvaroChirou
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @3MinLanguages !

Entiendo que manejas el español, así que voy a aprovechar para escribir en mi lengua nativa (jaja), para quien no sepa español puede usar el translate (https://translate.google.com.ar/) 🙂

Bueno, para empezar, te invito a entrar a mi perfil y ver el video de mi último curso (certificación en LPIC), te digo el ultimo ya que en la medida que hago nuevos cursos, voy mejorando los videos de introducción, ya que es al video que más esfuerzo debes invertir. ¿Porque? simple, es el primer video que el alumno vera y determinara si compra o no el curso, básicamente es la puerta de entrada. Sumado a esto, muchos instructores han visto cambios significativos en sus conversiones (ventas) al mejorar sus videos de introducción.

Vamos a los consejos:

1. Te sugiero que salgas en cámara, aunque sea pocos minutos (así como veras que yo salgo en mis videos, cosa que en los primeros cursos no hacia).¿Porque?, primero, aplicando programación neurolingüística del Marketing, se logran más ventas cuando vemos una cara (es cierto). Sumado a esto, desde una perspectiva de psicología, es muy importante que el alumno conozca en persona al instructor, esto rompe la barrera y factor impersonal que trae la educación online, logrando un acercamiento mayor entre instructor-estudiante.
  2. El video de introducción no debe durar más de 2 minutos, como máximo 2:30 minutos y ya es mucho, con este tiempo es muy factible que pierdas la atención del alumno a menos que hagas un video muy dinámico.
  3. Combina efectos visuales como los que ya tienes, con salir tú en cámara, eso hace que se mantenga más la atención y se evita la monotonía.
  4. Debes primero, presentarte tú, es clave que el estudiante conozca al instructor y su formación en el tema que lo habilita para enseñar lo que das en el curso (yo por ejemplo se ve mi título universitario cuando salgo en cámara). Luego, de una manera muy resumida, debes transmitir concretamente lo que vas a enseñar en el curso, porque el estudiante debe elegir el tuyo y no otro que enseñe lo mismo en Udemy. Y para cerrar, invita a la acción para que concrete la compra del curso.

Consejos sobre tu video:

1. No usuaria música de fondo, no mientras tú hablas por lo menos.
  2. Aprovecha los videos de pre visualización gratuita para transmitir contenido del curso y mostrar que vas a enseñar, haz esto para evitar ocupar tiempo valiosa en tu video de intro enseñando ejemplos de lo que se verá en el curso.
  3. Aplica los consejos que te di al principio 🙂

Cualquier duda que tengas, puedes realizarla con confianza!

Álvaro Chirou.
Technology Expert

Go to solution

Hey iam new instructor on Udemy, i published two courses ,i'd like to have some feedback and marketing tips.
My courses are :

60min photoshop de A à Z

Photoshop full guide from zero to hero in 90min

Regards

Go to solution

Hey @JocelynH ,

Thanks for posting this, it's helpful.

I'm just getting started on Udemy and was wondering if we could have a fresh feed like this for May 2020?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors