Hello All! Have a question about coupons versus the Deals Program

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello All! Have a question about coupons versus the Deals Program

Go to solution

Just submitted my very first course for review.  As I'm looking at some ways to promote the course, if I'm understanding it correctly, if you participate in the Deals program, then maybe you can't offer coupons, including free coupons to prospective new students?

My (perhaps inexperienced) strategy is to get some free students just so (hopefully) they'll rate my course for some social proof.  I feel pretty confident (again, perhaps from inexperience) that they'll rate my course high, as I put a heck of a lot of work into trying to make sure they'll be satisfied with everything.

I'm thinking of giving out 100 free coupons if I'm able to, and if I can still do it with the Udemy Deals program.  Any criticism appreciated!  Thanks again all members!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Chad-Xon-Qua I am glad to hear that you have already submitted your course for review. Opting into the Udemy deals will not prevent you from sharing coupons and creating your own marketing campaigns. The Deals Program allows Udemy to offer your content for a price no lower than $9.99 USD (or local equivalent) except in select countries or to certain resellers. It also allows Udemy to optimize your list price in different markets.

Regarding sharing free coupons there are different opinions about this topic, please check out these posts to get a better idea if this is the best practice here.

You can also find more details on how to use coupons in our Help Center here.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Chad-Xon-Qua I am glad to hear that you have already submitted your course for review. Opting into the Udemy deals will not prevent you from sharing coupons and creating your own marketing campaigns. The Deals Program allows Udemy to offer your content for a price no lower than $9.99 USD (or local equivalent) except in select countries or to certain resellers. It also allows Udemy to optimize your list price in different markets.

Regarding sharing free coupons there are different opinions about this topic, please check out these posts to get a better idea if this is the best practice here.

You can also find more details on how to use coupons in our Help Center here.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

Thank You Eliana!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors