Hello and...please can you review first Udemy course!!???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello and...please can you review first Udemy course!!???

Hello everyone

First time course creator here. Was hoping if some of you more established creators would kindly take a few minutes to have a look around my course - landing page, a bit of the content etc. I am excited about the opportunities on here but really looking for some helpful direction and feedback!  many thanks

Paul and Lucy

https://www.udemy.com/course/job-application-masterclass-for-business-english-learners/

2 Replies

Congrats on publishing your first course. I took a quick look at it, and your audio and video look and sound good, but I do have some suggestions:

1. Be careful with titling your course a "Masterclass" when it's only 2 hours long. Many of the masterclasses on Udemy range anywhere from 20 to 100+ hours. As a prospective student, I'd be skeptical given that wording - and it may deter potential students. If you do want this to be a true Masterclass, I'd look to expand on everything in the course, and make it much longer. For example, you only spend a total of 11 minutes talking about a person's resume/CV. In a masterclass, I'd expect my instructor to spend at least an hour talking about the resume/CV, Consider expanding on the various topics, and do some hands-on walk-through examples of creating a resume, having demonstration live interviews, etc, and some student practice exercises.
  2. Look to add in some headers in your course description to break it up and so the sales copy is easier to read for prospective students.
  3. Reconsider the wording in your title and subtitle based on your "Who this course is for" wording, specifically, where you state the course is for non-native English speakers. I'd look to explicitly state that in the title and sub-title.

Hope that helps and best of luck with your new course!

awesome. thank you so much for those tips. precisely what i was looking for!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors