Help needed: Free course assessment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed: Free course assessment

I'm building a free course. Could you please help answer this: Which assessment approach is allowed in a free course:

A) Students submit a written essay (i.e. assessment) and the instructor gives feedback.  

B) If A is not allowed, the instructor may need to divide the assessment into a few practice exercises and have students do them during the course (maybe with timer countdown in PPT). 

Thanks!

3 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JonathanL849

I hope you are doing well 😊

It's great that you are considering creating a course with practice activities, as this can help keep your learners engaged. 

Yes, you can absolutely add an assignment to your free course and provide the learners with a more hands-on approach to applying the skills they've learned. 

Please click here to learn more about assignments. Did you know you can also add a quiz or a coding exercise to your course? 

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have additional questions 🙌.

Thanks Marina. Quick follow up questions for my free course:

1. Can students upload Microsoft word file or PDF to the Assignment section? Or can students copy and paste the text directly in the Assignment section? The assignment will be a 1,000-word academic essay. 
  2.  As instructor for this FREE course, can I give feedback to their assignment in the Give Feedback section? Will other students see the feedback too? 

Thanks again and look forward to your reply. Have a nice weekend. 

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JonathanL849

I hope you are doing well, and my sincere apologies for being a bit late here 😅.  

I am happy to clarify further:

1. Currently, there is no option to upload PDF or docs to assignments. Students can, however, attach external links (for example, Google Docs) to their “submission” box. We also allow images in <30 MB that must be in .JPG, .PNG, or .BMP.

Please click here to learn more about the student perspective on assignments. 

2. Yes, you can share feedback in the feedback section. This feedback is visible to the learner only. (It's not shared publicly) 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Wish you a lovely weekend!😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors