Help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

Hello there. I'm 25 years old. I created a course on udemy for the first time and it was published a few days ago. I want to sell my courses without paying tax. I have a problem at some point. I want to move forward. But I don't know what to tick on this screen to avoid paying tax money. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it...

7665F477-A6B2-411D-BF8B-D0B4630D0809.jpeg

F71904C7-A20C-4175-A9AC-AED1155F97B4.jpeg

004A7F55-0E81-4862-A6CB-AF09D2AC30D0.jpeg

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GokcemBahar Udemy is based in the United States. All companies based in the US have to comply with IRS (Internal Revenue Service) regulations, which includes collecting information about your tax status as an instructor. Furthermore, no matter where you’re located, you may have enrolled students from the United States, and those transactions may be subject to US tax. 

Choosing the right form will depend on where you live, whether you’re an individual or entity, and other specifics. Since Udemy is unable to provide tax advice, we recommend that you consult with a tax advisor to ensure you’re using the right form and entering the information correctly.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors