Helpful tips

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpful tips

Go to solution

What are some key things that need to be considered for the beginning phases of course creation?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GrahamNicholls
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hey @King_Amir 

Here's a few questions for you to consider but it is in no way a definitive list:

• Will my course provide more value than students could expect?
  • Is my audio good enough quality so as not to detract from the learning experience?
  • Is my video  good enough quality so as not to detract from the learning experience?
  • If I wanted to learn this subject what would I want to know?
  • Have I gone into enough depth of information to ensure the student learns completely?

I hope that helps 🙂 

View solution in original post

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @King_Amir , @GrahamNicholls  has given some excellent advise. I would also add

• How can you stand out and be different from the other courses being offering your topic area (unless you are the first then that is another story).
  • From your current extended skill set what skills (not necessarily related to your subject matter) can you add to your course to make if different from the others
  • Do some basic research to see if there is a need for your course. For example check out the Udemy Insights guide on your instructor dashboard. This might provide you with a slant or idea you have skill in but hadn't considered. 
Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GrahamNicholls
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hey @King_Amir 

Here's a few questions for you to consider but it is in no way a definitive list:

• Will my course provide more value than students could expect?
  • Is my audio good enough quality so as not to detract from the learning experience?
  • Is my video  good enough quality so as not to detract from the learning experience?
  • If I wanted to learn this subject what would I want to know?
  • Have I gone into enough depth of information to ensure the student learns completely?

I hope that helps 🙂 

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @King_Amir , @GrahamNicholls  has given some excellent advise. I would also add

• How can you stand out and be different from the other courses being offering your topic area (unless you are the first then that is another story).
  • From your current extended skill set what skills (not necessarily related to your subject matter) can you add to your course to make if different from the others
  • Do some basic research to see if there is a need for your course. For example check out the Udemy Insights guide on your instructor dashboard. This might provide you with a slant or idea you have skill in but hadn't considered. 
Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors