cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Set Your Udemy Course Price

Go to solution

Look, the price you set your course to on Udemy really doesn’t matter… much.

No matter what price you set your course to, it’s going to sell for an average of $9.99 netting you an average return of approximately $4.88.

That said, there are two things you can do to encourage a student to buy your course visa-a-vise price:

1) Be the cheapest course on sale in your niche
2) Be the largest marked down from the original price course in your niche

Here’s how it works…

First, you need to accept this fact:

Udemy runs sales constantly, as a result you’ll sell a course for little more than $9.99.  Once you receive your cut, after Udemy ads and affiliate cuts, your take of the $9.99 will be about $4.88.

What kinds of sales is Udemy running you should now be asking yourself:

Percentage Off Sales:

Read more...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GrahamNicholls
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Interesting post @Anonymous 

I clicked through and read the rest of it as well.

Udemy seem to be trying new methods of sale other than the ones you've mentioned, for example:

- Last years Black Friday had a Buy One Get One Free promotion attached.

- Some time last year there was a promo where the more courses you bought the cheaper they got (1 course = £11.99, 2 courses = £10.99 each, 3 courses = £9.99 each)

How to set your Udemy course price? My answer is you set it at what you value it at and then make sure it's worth more to the student than that top price.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GrahamNicholls
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Interesting post @Anonymous 

I clicked through and read the rest of it as well.

Udemy seem to be trying new methods of sale other than the ones you've mentioned, for example:

- Last years Black Friday had a Buy One Get One Free promotion attached.

- Some time last year there was a promo where the more courses you bought the cheaper they got (1 course = £11.99, 2 courses = £10.99 each, 3 courses = £9.99 each)

How to set your Udemy course price? My answer is you set it at what you value it at and then make sure it's worth more to the student than that top price.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors