How to Watch Udemy Videos

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Watch Udemy Videos

I thought it would be interesting to throw together some words of guidance regarding watching Udemy videos. Yes, it’s easy to hit the play button and sit back for a view, but these tips may just help to improve you learning experience.

Please read and comment on this post with your own tricks. You’re likely to learn one or two tricks you didn’t know here.

Pause and Try It

This is the way I usually watch training videos. The technique involves watching a portion of the video (possibly more than once) after which I pause the video and go try the technique being described.

To pause the video simply click anywhere on the display screen. Click again to set the video playing again. In between, you can minimize your browser and bring up any other application to try out what was explained in the video. At any time, you can bring the video back up and drag the play head back to a point to rewatch the video.

Again, I find this to be the best way to watch a Udemy course.

Watch a Video Fast and Skip Ahead

This technique can save you a lot of time watching video. Most Udemy instructors speak at a steady slow pace so that you won’t miss anything. I personally prefer a faster pace of speaking so I can obsorb the information faster.

Move your mouse to the lower left corner of the screen and the control bar will pop up at the bottom. Select the “1x” button to display the Speed setting. Here you can set your play speed anywhere from .5x to 2x regular playing speed. I find that I’m most conformfortable watch most videos at 1.5x speed.

Not going fast enough? Perhaps you should skip ahead and backwards at 15 second increments using the 15 seconds forward and backward buttons to each side of the speed selector.

Captions, Audio, Quality and Full Screen

In the lower right are controls that enable/disable the display of captions on the screen during video play. There are also control to adjust the audio volume, screen quality and jump to full screen viewing mode. Use these control to perfect your viewing mode.