How to do slideshow presentation while working on a software.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do slideshow presentation while working on a software.

I have seen instructors in udemy using slide show presentation in-between screencasting. 

Suppose i have a slideshow with 3 pages. I start the lecture with 1st slide. Then, i switch to a software like unity or photoshop which i am teaching. After teaching the concepts of 1st page i want to switch to full screen slide from where i left off. Then show students the 2nd page and then again switch to the software to teach its concept. Likewise for the whole lecture. 

Simply put i need to know how to switch betweem slide and my work at any time without having to open the presentation software each time.

I heard powerpoint has powerpoint show but each time i have to click on the pps file to open slide. I want such that its open in the background where i can switch at anytime.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really your easiest choice would be to use a screen sharing software and just cut the part where you're switching between the two views. It's really a lot of work that goes into editing but you've got full control over what you're sharing. Hope this helps!

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I record slides and screencasts separately, and edit them together in Camtasia. 

I could see you doing this live if you have multiple monitors and something like OBS Studio though. You could have PowerPoint up on one monitor, your screencast on a second, and OBS on a third where you switch between them. Seems like more trouble & complexity than it's worth, though.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!