How to leave udemy if want to ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to leave udemy if want to ?

Go to solution

Hey Udemy Instructor Support Team,

I am a udemy instructor and planning to work for long time on udemy and i have some questions regarding udemy please solve these queries.

1 :- So is it mandatory to answer student questions which they ask in Q/A section in courses. What if i don't ?
2 :- Do i need to work on my course lifetime as udemy says ' buy course one time and have access to it lifetime' or i can just create course and publish on udemy and never update it and never work on it or with udemy when i became instructor. I am tied to work on my courses whether i wanted to or not ?
3 :- what if after uploading good amount of courses on udemy. I want to leave udemy ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello @TaranjotSin801 

Happy to help!

about your questions:

1- you are not expected to answer your questions as mandatory this is up to you, but please note that students that do not have their questions answered tend to ask for a refund more often than not, so you will lose students and atendees and you will receive more negative reviews from your students, this will reflect in your earnings in a long term.

2 - If you do not update your  courses, the same applies as above, your reviews will tend to drop and fewer students will purchase your courses, but then again, it is not mandatory

3 - If you want to leave Udemy, you just unpublish your courses and let us know through the instructor support. 

I hope I have heped with your questions

Kindest regards and happy teachings,

Leonor

Udemy Community team

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello @TaranjotSin801 

Happy to help!

about your questions:

1- you are not expected to answer your questions as mandatory this is up to you, but please note that students that do not have their questions answered tend to ask for a refund more often than not, so you will lose students and atendees and you will receive more negative reviews from your students, this will reflect in your earnings in a long term.

2 - If you do not update your  courses, the same applies as above, your reviews will tend to drop and fewer students will purchase your courses, but then again, it is not mandatory

3 - If you want to leave Udemy, you just unpublish your courses and let us know through the instructor support. 

I hope I have heped with your questions

Kindest regards and happy teachings,

Leonor

Udemy Community team

Go to solution

Thanks @Leonor C. ,

So, In one line answering all questions and updating course is not mandatory for instructor ? and instructor can leave udemy whenever they want they just have to unpublish courses ?

Thanks

Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello @TaranjotSin801 

That is correct.

Best regards,

Leonor

Udemy Community team

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors