How to record a TH video with iphone and use an external microphone for better audio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record a TH video with iphone and use an external microphone for better audio

Go to solution

Hi there,

I am about to start creating my first course on PLC coding.

For my talking head videos, I would like to use my iphone 10s for recording.  For audio recording, I would like to use my external microphone (attached to my laptop).  I am using a windows laptop with Wondershare Filmora for my video editing.

How can I somehow record my videos with iphone and audio with my external microphone without having to sync them manually afterwards?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Hans

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I think your best bet is to get a good microphone that you can just plug into your iPhone. Something like the Rode SmartLav+.

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Is there any reason why you wouldn' just use an hi-res internal or external cam connected to your laptop?

That way you can half your hassle...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I think your best bet is to get a good microphone that you can just plug into your iPhone. Something like the Rode SmartLav+.

Go to solution

Hi Frank,

thanks for your reply, it looks like a good solution.

My iPhone (10s) does not have a jack input though, but I guess it should work with a Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter.

Go to solution

Is there any reason why you wouldn' just use an hi-res internal or external cam connected to your laptop?

That way you can half your hassle...

Go to solution

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your response.  I have an iphone 10s which makes really good videos, that´s why I thought it would be a good choice for recording.  Also, the udemy instructor courses kind of recommend doing that for a novice course creator.

You have any recommendation for a decent hi-res external cam that I can connect to my laptop?

Thanks.

Hans

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors