Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start from zero on Udemy for newbie? 10 tips after 6 month

Go to solution

How to start from zero on Udemy for newbie? 10 tips after 6 month

learnwithyan_0-1696270195265.jpeg

My insights and thoughts....

1. Be sure that its a continuous game so try to upload more than 1 course from your niche.
  2. People see you first. Why do they pay you? You are random from Internet so you are unknown.
  3. Start from free course but do that really cool. Nice lights, good sound, video transitions. And strong plan.
  4. If your payed course doesn't sell its not your problem. Maybe now not good month for that topic. Or there are lot of same courses.
  5. Read that forum to understand same pains of udemy authors. I have found lot of answers.
  6. Do not pay for reviews. Its not good at all, specially that platform is checking that with algorithms.
  7. Search how to promote book but not course. You will be surprised how many instruments we can use.
  8. Keep going to work with course after uploading. Make better titles, description and upload new lessons.
  9. Don't copy same course. Try to find gaps and give the video lessons. If you are unique, that it will be rated here.
  10. No doubt if you need more time for recording than you planned. I need 1 month to complete the 1h course.
  11. If you just upload 1-2 videos per month it will engage more course views. 25% of courses are not up to date. Specially in code development. 

If these tips were helpful, please let me know... Also I want to continue share my ideas here. Want to read more?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @learnwithyan

Thank you so much for sharing valuable insights of your first six months as an instructor.
I'm sure those will be helpful for our newbies in the community, as we all know how challenging it can be to get started 😊

And YES, we love reading your thoughts in the community! So please continue to share them here and keep us informed about your teaching experiences.

We wish you a lot of fun and success on Udemy!🍀

View solution in original post

13 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @learnwithyan

Thank you so much for sharing valuable insights of your first six months as an instructor.
I'm sure those will be helpful for our newbies in the community, as we all know how challenging it can be to get started 😊

And YES, we love reading your thoughts in the community! So please continue to share them here and keep us informed about your teaching experiences.

We wish you a lot of fun and success on Udemy!🍀

Go to solution

Thanks, Marina. I will keep posting some ideas here. Also learn new promote ways of course

have a nice day 

Best Yan

AxelRittershaus
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Thanks for encouraging new instructors here on the platform, @learnwithyan 

It's 99% a marathon, not a sprint. 

I like your tip regarding 'promoting books', since books are also meant to both teach and entertain. But no author makes any money of the book is not marketed to the right audience in the most compelling well.

Keep it up 🙂

I'm here since 2017 and I am in it for the long game 🙂

Go to solution

Great run @AxelRittershaus  😎 So you are 5 years on platform...

Yes if we choose e-books so there are good tips in web. Its also digital product.

Maybe you tried something? Like Demo course on your website or smth else

Have a nice day

Best Ian 

AxelRittershaus
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I do several things to create awareness: 250+ YouTube Videos, 250+ Blog articles, 2-4 monthly webinars, ...

But almost nothing beats the combination of the Udemy sales engine + good content in your courses + engagement with the students 🙂

Go to solution

Good results Axel!

Sure your author engagement should be based on Udemy like a zero point.

But also other sources too good.

So me just testing Blog articles, but English langugage

Also want to publish PDF of course plan in course landing page.

Maybe you know that it helps to push in Google website? 😉

Best Yan

Go to solution

I struggle with Motivation.

But here inside this Udemy community is my fuel.

Very inspirational to read these responses.

Thank you.

Go to solution

We will do it!

Keep my hand and lets go together to make courses better)

Go to solution

very good Good start

Go to solution

Thank you, Mohamed!

Keep doing...

Go to solution

Thank you, good work!

MAK

Go to solution

Good explanation. Thanks

MAK

Go to solution

Thanks for feedback, friend

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors