How to upload Power Point show file as study material

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload Power Point show file as study material

Go to solution

Hello,

I am new to Udemy, I developing a course on Logistics. Have prepated many power point slides to be used as learning materials along with the videos i am to use in the course. During creating the course I could not find option to upload power point show files

Can anyone guide me please.

Thanks

JD

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

You can upload PowerPoint Files as 'Additional Resources' that attach to and are associated with a lecture.

View solution in original post

GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

To add to what others have said... Think about the fact that by uploading your slides, you are allowing people to download the content of your course and reuse it elsewhere. I would personally never do that. I would rather create a PDF that allows students to take notes on your slides if that's what you're providing the slides for. I guess my first question should have been: why do you want to share your slides? 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

You can upload PowerPoint Files as 'Additional Resources' that attach to and are associated with a lecture.

Go to solution

Thanks, Got it

Go to solution

Click the link on the right next to "content". It will expand to reveal "description" and "Resources". Click "Resources". It expands to reveal a number of options. The first option is selected for you. Just select the PowerPoint file from your computer and boom! - it gets uploaded. I also intend to upload PowerPoint slides together with video lectures as an additional resource to assist my students in their study. 

GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

To add to what others have said... Think about the fact that by uploading your slides, you are allowing people to download the content of your course and reuse it elsewhere. I would personally never do that. I would rather create a PDF that allows students to take notes on your slides if that's what you're providing the slides for. I guess my first question should have been: why do you want to share your slides? 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Go to solution

Thanks I got the point and agree with it. 

Go to solution

Is there no way to upload slides and other pdfs without enabling downloading?

@GregReverdiau wrote:

Go to solution

Hi i have a question in relation to this comment above. I am currently creating my first course on Udemy. The process i am using is also creating power point slides and then filming within each slide, make sense? ( small screen shot of myself talking on each slide) 

I definitely don't want them to download the slides, however there is a lot that i am saying within each recording pertaining to the slide? so I want to upload each new slide based to the different lessons?

Will i have an issue uploaded these slides?

Thanks Rgs Jen

Otherwise is there a standard way to create beautiful lesson slides, with a cutaway of me talking ?

Thanks appreciate the input 

Go to solution

Hi, I am also new to this, and I am creating a course with powerpoint slides for my videos but pdf as resource files. I need to provide pdf files to allow my students to practice and evaluate themselves, but I don't want anyone using my material elsewhere either.

So I put a light watermark text with an image in the background of each page. I did this in a way that will not distract the student (hopefully!), and it will hopefully deter people from downloading my material and reusing it elsewhere.

What do you all think of my approach?

please advise.

Thanks.

Go to solution

Greetings - We have a student workbook in our self empowerment  course (SETSA) on Udemy, which has been uploaded as a  PDF via the ADD  RESOURSE button when uploading lectures.

The PDF  is downloadable. The watermark in your case should be OK

On a different note, are you using the slide narration feature in your slides?

In my case, I can record the narration but the playback volume is way too low.

(Ive used decent USB and XLR (SAMSON and AKG) mics to no avail)

Wishing you success 

Mahomed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors