I am nervous, excited, but so ready to Rock and Roll!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am nervous, excited, but so ready to Rock and Roll!!!

Go to solution

Good evening/morning everyone! I have been ready your post and it has answered many nerve wracking questions. However, I have I am not sure what I should do....

I wanted to know if I can email previous colleagues,  businesses,  schools, churches,  etc. that I know and invite them to my Udemy course? Is that a form of soliciting?

Also, I noticed that individuals have a separate YouTube page for their links. Is it recommended to do that, though you are wanting people to come to Udemy and purchase your courses?

Want to make sure I do this correctly and not get shut down or drown on my first attempt with Udemy. 

Thanks for your feedbac AND for hitting the LIKE button!!!!👍🏽😎

Lisseth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Yes - of course you can invite people you know to your course. But - that scope will be very limited.

Which is why you see others having a social media presence. Get yourself up to speed on sales funnels and content marketing. 

You need to get in front of your potential students and build a community. Start a blog - Google #1 search engine. YouTube channel - #2 search engine. Publish a e-book on Amazon - #3 search engine. 

The biggest mistake I see new instructors making is having the build it and they will come mentality. If you build an on-line community your success will be much greater.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Yes - of course you can invite people you know to your course. But - that scope will be very limited.

Which is why you see others having a social media presence. Get yourself up to speed on sales funnels and content marketing. 

You need to get in front of your potential students and build a community. Start a blog - Google #1 search engine. YouTube channel - #2 search engine. Publish a e-book on Amazon - #3 search engine. 

The biggest mistake I see new instructors making is having the build it and they will come mentality. If you build an on-line community your success will be much greater.

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Great idea LondonGlobal - the more traction you can get with potential real students when you launch the better. Well done for being proactive! 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!