I came back after 3 years with new courses

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I came back after 3 years with new courses

Hello all

i came back after 3 years but i am frustrated the new promotional policies of Udemy and there's not an effective mechanism in this regards.  The other side, paid promotion would not an affordable thing for new comers. 

2 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @armalik, welcome back to Udemy, I'm happy to hear that you're creating new courses!

We periodically update the instructor Promotions Policy to ensure you can make informed decisions about your continued participation in our programs These changes affect different parts of the Udemy platform, but all are designed to encourage growth and reward great instruction. We understand that some changes can be frustrating for some instructors, especially those who have been away for a while. I would love to better understand your thoughts and share your feedback with our team, so please feel free to add any additional comments about the specific changes you didn't like and I'll be happy to pass your feedback along!

We also offer a range of free resources to help you promote your courses, such as the Teaching Center articles, and our Instructor Community, which has a variety of resources and webinars. We also encourage you to engage with your students to build a strong community around your courses.

Paid promotion can be a valuable tool for instructors who are looking to increase their visibility on Udemy, but we understand that it may not be feasible for everyone. We encourage you to explore other promotional strategies and experiment to find what works best for you and your courses. Our community is a great place to learn about what other instructors are doing and share tips. In fact, the theme of the month is Marketing, and we'll be having multiple discussions about it throughout the month. I highly encourage you to participate and also join us in our upcoming virtual networking session (we will announce it tomorrow). 

If you have any specific questions or concerns about promoting your courses on Udemy, please feel free to reach out to our Instructor Support team and they will be more than happy to help!

• thanks @Bella  to write back. I appreciate but it is pertinent to mention here that there's average traffic that I observed to my courses even used professional SEO tools: there's monthly 4-7 visitors that came to my course pages. I think it's very slow procedure to get traffic for a new instructor and i distributed thousands of coupons as charity to developing society to learn more.  however, there's no active engagements of 70% of students and your platform has not any instructor oriented policy because when an instructor announces free coupons for deserving students, bulk of free registration receiving by many instructors even fake accounts of students and there's no policy of registration of actual and deserving people/students. everyone can easily sign up and without email verification/identity verification, Udemy granting registration to students. i think it's really non systematic approach of students registration. Therefore, Udemy should announce policy for registration for 'new students' accounts with mobile/bank/email verification to enter into the website (this would be helpful for community identification). if you would audit accounts you would find many fake students accounts because I observed some gigs on social media regarding selling students accounts and fake reviews. this would be ranked lower the Udemy platform. some policies must be instructor oriented if someone would enroll into free course and would not show seriousness/active engagement into the course then Udemy must give rights to instructors to cancel their enrollments in case of free enrollments and no active work/progress of students. these are loopholes that should be in discussion for the betterment of community/this platform, students and Udemy. Please consider these points as these loopholes are compromising the credibility of Udemy, instructors and depriving new instructors.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors