I'd like to prototype my course as part of MIT's - "u-school program"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to prototype my course as part of MIT's - "u-school program"

Landing Page - 2-15-2024.jpg

Beginning in December (2023), yet drawing from a background spanning nearly 9 years now with MIT's Presencing Institute (or u-school), I initiated and subsequently assembled a "core team" to prototype the Conscious Cultural Evolution course (see - the CCE - Prototype Team project) as it's been developed to this point on Udemy.

Consequently however, and though the (preliminary) course sets poised to be prototyped over the next eight weeks with a small group of well qualified participants, I currently lack adequate contact with, or support from, Udemy to sufficiently inform practical next-steps.

Can someone help?  

4 Replies
ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @emergentorderCongratulations on taking the first steps to prototype your Conscious Cultural Evolution course. 😃

I understand you're seeking guidance on what the next steps entail. To provide you with the best support, could you please provide further details? Are you looking into publishing the course on Udemy, focusing on marketing strategies, or perhaps considering other aspects?

Your insights will help us tailor our assistance to meet your specific needs effectively!

Thanks for this very prompt response to my query @ChrystieV. Frankly, but from my perspective, and if you'll merely conduct a Google search for "Conscious Cultural Evolution" and "Brian McConnell" . . . I believe you'll better appreciate why my primary consideration at this point isn't one of "marketing"--but rather, that of testing, and subsequently scaling, delivery of relatively high quality content. - Brian 

Hello again @ChrystieV  - I'm attaching a copy of a message just relayed to one of my co-instructors involving Udemy's pricing policy as it's impacting our intent to safely prototype the "Conscious Cultural Evolution" course:

"From the Udemy accounts I've read Vishwanath, if a course owner/developer charges a nominal fee of $1 to $5 for tuition, one opens themselves to the assualt of any number of bad actors who will, rather manicacly, pay a minimal sum merely for 'the right' to submit negative course reviews." 

So @ChrystieV , I wonder if there's an administrator who'd be willing to address this issue for us, as . . . I don't feel Udemy has been especially forthright in assuming an equitable degree of responsibility for subjecting my vested capital to some rather significant downside risk. - Brian McConnell  

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @emergentorder,

For clarification, I understand that you want to price your course at a nominal fee to get participants to prototype your Conscious Cultural Evolution course, correct? 

In that case, you would want to speak with our Trust & Safety team to discuss risks associated with that. That team can be contacted at policy@udemy.com

Perhaps other instructors can jump into this conversation and share their experience with offering free or very low priced courses.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors