ID Verification failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification failed

Hi,

First time course creator here. I am from India and as per instructions I uploaded my PAN card to the persona website. The automatic verification failed despite several attempts.  I have emailed 'verification at udemy.com' by following the instructions.

It seems many folks went through this situation, what happens next?

It would be great if Udemy prompted for ID verification before I started making the course. This backward process of id verification after a course has been created and then putting a deadline to finish the verification process is not very comforting for first time course creators.

7 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AdityaK we appreciate your feedback about the verification process, I've shared this valuable information with the team. Regarding your verification status, you will need to contact the verification team as you did already as soon as your request is next you will be hearing from them. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community

Thank you @ElianaC for forwarding my concern. I'm waiting for the reply from the ID verification team.

Hey @AdityaK, did you get any response? Is your problem resolved? I am also facing the same problem. Please tell me what you did so that I can do that too. 

Thanks, 

Gauri Shanker

India

Yes, you'll get an email from the verification team. They'll ask you to upload a video with specific instructions. Nothing complicated. It may take a few days but you should be fine as well.

Thanks a lot @AdityaK . I really appreciate your response. Just out of curiosity,  how many days did it take exactly for you to get verified from the day you sent your first email to verification@udemy.com ? 

2-3 days.

Ok. Thanks again!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!