Introduction Video's Allowed? & How do people make subtitles? Manually or?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction Video's Allowed? & How do people make subtitles? Manually or?

Go to solution

Hi Udemy Community,

I'm in the process of publishing my first course. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be but finally get there and about 75% through now. 

I have two questions:

1. Is self promotions video's allowed e.g. adveristing my website and my brand (10 seconds - like what you would find on youtube). 

2. Subtitles, how do people get subtitles, do they manually do it? or does a program automatically read it?

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Subtitles are automatically generated for you by Udemy, but you can either edit them or upload your own.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Subtitles are automatically generated for you by Udemy, but you can either edit them or upload your own.

Go to solution

Promotional stuff gets tricky. You can freely promote anything in the promotional announcements, you have like 3 per month and you have bonus lectures where you can do promotions, other than that the course or the promo is not a place for promotions. You can refer students to external sources and websites only if they are educational

Go to solution

Thanks Michael...i'll assume that its a no.. then? I just have a small intro of Andrew Pham Coaching and www.apct.com.au which last 7 seconds, its mostly just for branding... but by what you say that might be not acceptable?

Go to solution

You can tell about yourself and what you do, but you can't be like "hey go check my website and buy my products"

Go to solution

Thanks Michael! In that case i think my intro is ok.. it just flashes my name and my website thats it! 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors