Is it advisable for intro and outro to be in the lesson video?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it advisable for intro and outro to be in the lesson video?

Go to solution

if the section simply consists of 1 video, or has a very short intro or outro; can it be in the lesson video itself rather than 3 separate videos? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Yes. Really, you can do pretty much whatever you want as far as the structure of your course is concerned. Most of my own courses have intros at the beginning of the first lecture video of a section, and an outro at the end of the last. But there's no requirement to even have intros and outros at all, or to have them on every section or every lecture.

Just remember students favor shorter videos. If any one video is over 10 minutes, you really should consider splitting it up. Around 3 minutes seems to be the sweet spot for keeping their attention.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Yes. Really, you can do pretty much whatever you want as far as the structure of your course is concerned. Most of my own courses have intros at the beginning of the first lecture video of a section, and an outro at the end of the last. But there's no requirement to even have intros and outros at all, or to have them on every section or every lecture.

Just remember students favor shorter videos. If any one video is over 10 minutes, you really should consider splitting it up. Around 3 minutes seems to be the sweet spot for keeping their attention.

Go to solution

thank you. yeah, i do know the course structure is flexible and i don't even have to include them. it's just that i watched the Udemy Outline course and while the inclusion of intro and outro makes sense, they didn't really delve into whether they should be separate. just wondering if there's a reason to.

But yeah, i agree that the videos should be short for keeping their attention. and that might be 1 reason to split them up. thanks again!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors