Is it allowed to use outside interactive websites?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it allowed to use outside interactive websites?

Go to solution

Hi Udemees,

I am very glad to find such a community for L&D lovers at same place.

Having one question , as through designing my first course in Udemy, I like always to engage others in the course by using the interactive websites , some could be used in the recorded courses and some not.

but for example is it allowed to use something like Menti meter and put a link for activity in my course in Udemy?

and if not ,, what other engaging options you use and available other than quiz and sharing case studies ?

Thanks in advance  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @Ahmed Elsamahi, glad to know you are creating your first course! 😀

External links which are for educational purposes can be added to the bonus lecture. There, students are able to access other websites (free and paid) as long as no personal information is required - such as an address, phone number, or email - to access the activity in question.

If the websites are free, related to your topic, and don't require students to sign up, you can also add them as ''external links''  to your lecture's resources. 

To see all of our practice activities options, check out this articleIf you have any further questions, please reach out to our Trust and Safety team at policy@udemy.com.

I hope this helps!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @Ahmed Elsamahi, glad to know you are creating your first course! 😀

External links which are for educational purposes can be added to the bonus lecture. There, students are able to access other websites (free and paid) as long as no personal information is required - such as an address, phone number, or email - to access the activity in question.

If the websites are free, related to your topic, and don't require students to sign up, you can also add them as ''external links''  to your lecture's resources. 

To see all of our practice activities options, check out this articleIf you have any further questions, please reach out to our Trust and Safety team at policy@udemy.com.

I hope this helps!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Hi Bella

Thanks for your clarification on instructor website link in bonus lecture etc. But I am finding it difficult to understand this part, as it is too simplistic, vague and does not take into account practicalities:

If the websites are free, related to your topic, and don't require students to sign up, you can also If the websites are free, related to your topic, and don't require students to sign up, you can also add them as ''external links'' to your lecture's resources.  to your lecture's resources. 

My website is not just for Udemy course students, it is for lots of others. Some content is "free" (meaning no sign-in is required) and others require sign-in. I cannot make my entire website free just to offer a part of the content "free" to Udemy course students. Even if I did that, I may need to identify Udemy course students separately, and grant them access, because I may not want others to access that content.

I hope you bring this to the attention of the Udemy team that deals with this aspect, ask them to review this clause and modify it suitably.

Thanks.

Balachandran S

Go to solution

Great thanks Bella for your help 👍🙏

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

You're welcome, Ahmed! 😊

Go to solution

Welcome Ahmed and wishing you all the best.

Go to solution

Thank you for your wishes 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors