Is there a way to obtain a URL-link to one of my published courses so that I can share with others?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to obtain a URL-link to one of my published courses so that I can share with others?

Hi Fellow Udemy family,

This seems like a dumb question but is there a way to obtain a URL-link to one of your own published courses to share with others?

For example, if I wanted to email someone a link to my course, how do I do this? I can't seem to find a url-link to my course anywhere. 

regards,

Kevin

8 Replies

Hi Kevin,

You will want to send a link that includes a coupon code, so that if they enroll, you get 97% of the revenue.

Here is an article on How to Create and Manage Coupons.

If you provide a coupon to make your course go from $199 to $50, do students ever get upset because the course naturally sells for $10 - $15 due to Udemy's control of course prices? 

I don't see why someone would use a $50 coupon if most courses on Udemy are only $10-15? Thanks for the clarification! This is so helpful!

-KP

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes. If you go to your course landing page, and hit "preview" in the upper left hand corner, you will get a URL that looks like this:https://www.udemy.com/lean-leadership-lean-culture-change-management/?instructorPreviewMode=guest 

Now delete everything from the ? on and you will have the basic course URL.

I hope that helps.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks you that's perfect! - KP

I've been wondering how to do this also. My course got published today ,and I want to know how to create a link i can share  to say Facebook, and my website .  Can we just created a url for that ? Or do you need to create coupons and referral  links ..... thank you 

You should share a coupon link, or at least the course's referral link.

Sharing the "normal" direct link to a course is not very smart.

Take a look at the article I referred to in my previous response (a couple of years ago).

I was also wondering about a link but to a specific time in a course. The reason being that I am creating study notes for a course and want to be able to refer back to any concepts at the very point in the course they are explained. 

@Ansar786, you just need to add "?start=" at the end of the URL that points to the lesson in question, and add the point int time, in seconds, you want the link to point to.

For example, if you want to get to minute 2:30 of the lesson, you would add "?start=150" at the end of the URL that points to the lesson in question.

To get the URL of a specific lesson, you can preview your course, navigate to the lesson you want, and then copy the URL you see in the browser's address bar.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors