Keyword suggestions, please

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keyword suggestions, please

I'm struggling with keywords I can use as the course's "primary topic".

My Create Video Memories course demonstrates
* how to combine anecdotes and personal stories
* with photographs and other visuals
* into a 2 to 4 minute video
* playable on most video players including YouTube and Facebook.

Because the prospective student likely never has used a video editor, I dedicate over 2/3 of the course on video editing basics. But my ideal student prospect is not someone wanting to master video editing. The point of Video Memories is to augment scrapbooking and genealogy. But is dynamically different.

So what keywords would you use that makes sense as a "primary topic" for my Video Memories course?

1 Reply

Hi, Brian:

Your course sounds so interesting! It's unique, which is a good marketing point but a difficult course to set up.

I recommend using keywords like "video scrapbooking," but I doubt that is a primary topic (I haven't checked, though). You could always propose that topic!

To me, video scrapbooking is a pretty clear indication of what you intend to teach (as far as I can tell from you post). So I think if a prospective student saw that, they would know what the purpose of the course was. However, it may not be a commonly-searched keyword phrase. 

I'd say look at the keywords that you used in your post, which were the ones you thought best described your course, and see what phrase you can come up with from there.

Can't wait to see your course! It sounds like a great one.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors