Low earning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low earning

Hi

I published my 1st course and someone enrolled in the course I expected at least 35% of the course price but I got 0.97$ only.

Anyone can please explain to me what this??

9 Replies

Hi, @BasharKhalil Congratulations on your first course!😎 Instructors receive 37% of the revenue for any Udemy sales where no instructor coupon or course referral link was used. You can learn more about it here.

If you need any specific details about this sale, you can email  and the team will be happy to help!

Fernanda Rivera

Community Moderator

Thanks for your reply

But I still don't understand how 37% of the revenue equals .09$

I feel there is something wrong with this formula 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BasharKhalil Sorry to hear this is not clear to you, I'll recommend you send an email to instructorsupport@udemy.com with the exact sale you want to see a breakdown explanation so the team can provide you with these details. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Thanks for your reply, I already sent an email 

and they sent me this

2022-12-27_18-59-27.jpg

My course price 74.99 $

so how do they sell it at this price?

I understand there is an offer from Udemy side ...but not like that

0.97 = 00 for me

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BasharKhalil I'll follow up with you to provide you with a detailed explanation about this via email.

Its simple brother, Udemy selling course with sale price $13.99 these days. When someone purchase the course there algorithm charged you Tex dedication 18% at your original course price and then subtracts it from the price on which course sold that is $13.99. Then transaction fee also deducted. 

This is the reason you received this amount so far. 

Hope so you get your answer. 

Thanks 

Ali R. Raamay

I'm just building my first course so let me see if I understand this correctly.  Udemy sells my course for $14.00 and I get $1.00? 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MarkWeber047 there are 2 Revenue Share models which are the following :

• Sales occurring through instructor promotions: instructors receive 97% of the revenue when the student purchases their content using an instructor’s coupon or referral link. ( This happens when you run your own promotions ) 
  • Sales that do not occur through an instructor promotion: instructors receive 37% of the revenue for any Udemy sales where no instructor coupon or course referral link was used. These sales might occur after a user clicks on a Udemy advertisement, or browses the Udemy marketplace for courses.

If you have further questions about a specific sale, please send an email to instructorsupport@udemy.com.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator

Thanks for all your reply 

It's more clear now

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors