Mandatory Quiz/Assigment/Practice test to continue course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Quiz/Assigment/Practice test to continue course

Go to solution

Hello!

I would like to have mandatory assignments or quizzes in my course that students must successfully complete before gaining access to the next lessons. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a definitive answer in the community, except for this: https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-course-creation/Assignments-I-want-them-to-be-mandatory-to...

Is this acceptably according to Udemy's rules? If yes, how can this be implemented technically?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @TatianaMitr451

I hope you started well into your Monday 😊

I'm happy to clarify this! At the moment, there is no possibility to make either Quiz, Assignments, or Coding Exercises mandatory in a course. 

Please note that learners' assignments are marked completed only if you provide feedback to each assignment (this is optional). That's also the reason assignments don't count towards the course completion. That being said, learners will receive the Udemy certificate of completion no matter their assignment status.

I hope that clarifies it! Please let me know if you have additional questions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @TatianaMitr451

I hope you started well into your Monday 😊

I'm happy to clarify this! At the moment, there is no possibility to make either Quiz, Assignments, or Coding Exercises mandatory in a course. 

Please note that learners' assignments are marked completed only if you provide feedback to each assignment (this is optional). That's also the reason assignments don't count towards the course completion. That being said, learners will receive the Udemy certificate of completion no matter their assignment status.

I hope that clarifies it! Please let me know if you have additional questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors